Thursday, March 29, 2012

A woman found her first gray hair and was so alarmed by it, she thought she would just dye.

****Please say a prayer for my mom. She is undergoing a stress test to check out her heart, early this morning, over in Louisiana. She is such a blessing for all these years and we commend her into the hands and will of our great God. Amen.****

Hello again. Welcome. Come on in and sit a spell. I do hope the Community is to your liking. Hot, black, and strong. It is Thursday, March 29, 2012, and we are still able to be here clicking and clacking our way through another episode. My wife has just an ever so slight loss of hearing going on. I think when she asked what dishes would be good for me, I said green, and she heard great. That was just a little PS I thought of from my recent drool laced thoughts on her good cooking. That cooking can have a cascading impact. Leftovers. I would not want to see them wasted. Right? If the supper was not necessarily on my preferred diabetic diet, it only stands to reason that having it for lunch the next day makes sense. You do know what I mean and I know that you do. I am exaggerating here. Moderation is still the order of the day, not total isolation. I did watch a video the other day on a diabetes plan for sale that supposedly could make a huge impact on improvement or even reversal. That reversal stuff always gets my attention. That video was pretty scary. I'll not go into the morbid details but suffice it to say they showed many photos of what happens to diabetics who do not try to do something about their disease. I suppose it was one of those scared straight approaches. I may try the program but I don't think I want to watch that video again. It should have a warning on it. But, I may try it and I suppose that's what they were trying to get the watcher to do in the first place.

And, lest you think I would be impulsive, I have checked out that particular program as thoroughly as I could, and it does seem to offer some hope for many of the people who have used it. There are some complaints that have been lodged but most of these have to do with processing issues, refunds, and other administrative glitches. The overwhelming sense of those who have used his approach is positive. See. I do believe in doing my homework, even if it is a small expenditure. Buying stuff online always means that it needs to be checked out. The fellow who promotes this program does the same for a number of other maladies that people suffer from. His expertise is actually in presentation. He gathers up information on the disease, the treatments, the approaches, and then organizes them into a workbook approach. These are not bombshell breakthrough types of drugs or techniques. They reflect the best of what people are doing that are successful in managing or reversing, in my case, diabetes. He takes all of these inputs and reduces them to simple actionable plans. I enjoyed hearing his personal testimony of how he went from a regular job to becoming involved in the presentation business. I love it when people find an area where they can bring something to the table and it ends up being financially successful for them, and based on the number of testimonials I read, of great benefit to many who use those materials. Information is power. I know. It still requires that you utilize that information in a way that directly impacts the problem you are dealing with. Having shared my gum swallowing habit, you might guess that discipline is not one of my strong suits, but we get up every day and renew our commitment that with God's help we can do better. Amen.

Tuesday evening our little great grand Madi, two years going on five, came for a visit. For the very first time she actually spent the night with us, meaning, mostly with her great grand MiMi. The thing about little Madelyn Joy is how she is a living, breathing, time machine. There's very little about her that doesn't remind us of her mom, our Tiffany, and since Tiffany spent a huge amount of time with us when she was little, well, there was so much about Madi being there that it looked like we had loaded up an old Super 8 movie reel and were watching it again, for the first time. I was talking to our eldest, her Paw Paw, and asked if he had any advice to help her feel comfortable. He pretty much indicated she loved the same things her mom loved when she was little. Playing in the bathtub was one of those. Well, we let her play for a long time, or rather, her great grand MiMi let her play for a long time. I watched more of Dora and Go Diego Go than I had actually planned but she does love those shows. She is a remarkable child and we are blessed to be her Great Grands. That sounds pretty surreal even when I read it. We are blessed and I feel that way even though I know I am a high mileage vehicle. The other day I visited with a fellow I used to work with. He and I worked together for nearly 20 years. Back in the day we were young and energetic. He recently celebrated his 70th. I'll soon reach that road marked Route 66. He and I laughed and talked. Old friends and associates. Great Grand and Grands. My rear view mirror is filled up with lots of wonderful images. There's some small letters on that mirror that says: Objects may be greater blessings than originally perceived. That is, by the way, what I am talking about! Have a great Thursday and maybe, just maybe, I'll have something to flail my arms about tomorrow. May God bless. Amen.         .....More later.

No comments: