Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My blog is like a box of chocolates. You know. The one left in the back window of the car and all the candy has melted and run together.

Typically today would be the 65th day of the year but because of leap year it's the 66th day of the year and there are 300 days remaining before we proceed into 2013. You thought you had landed on the wrong channel? No. I am not the science guy but I do bid you welcome once again here on this Tuesday, March 6, 2012. We've all heard about how that old people revert back to acting childish. I saw a great example of that in reverse, or something like that. Our Alexander Benjamin was at the house. He is six years old. He is a character. He was hurrying to get all his stuff together so he could leave and he ran up to me and in a frantic voice said, "Poppy Poppy, would you please help me find my glasses!" Not being able to locate his glasses is a regular ordeal for him but in this case, he just happened to be wearing them. When I pointed that out to him. He got this huge smile on his face and did that "I could have had a V-8" slap on his forehead. It's like me losing my cell phone. I was searching every pocket. What could I have done with it? Oh yeah. I just happened to be talking on it. See what I mean? What's that you say? You've never done anything quite that bad. Good! Now I have made you feel better about yourself. And, you had begun to wonder if there was any value in tuning in to this daily dialogue. See there. You just never know, do you?

I know many of us just don't get it with the super baggy britches. They do serve a useful purpose I suppose, almost. A Minnesota man was arrested because he was found to be leaving the store without paying for a 19" TV stuffed in his pants. As you all know, I am a coffee person. Drinking coffee can aid you in ways you may not have thought of before. An older fellow was sitting in his home in Pennsylvania when a burglar burst through the door and pulled a knife on him. The homeowner promptly split the twenty something year old burglar's forehead with his large coffee mug causing the would be robber to run for the hills. Then we have the story of a lady from Nebraska who swears she has a chicken McNugget that looks like President George Washington. I guess we will not be too sympathetic to the thief who stole what he thought was marijuana plants only to find out they were tomato plants instead. He was arrested for the theft but my understanding is that he wasn't feeling very high about it. You know you are having a bad day when you are driving under the influence and crash your car into a police vehicle. We know there are many criminals that don't seem to have a huge amount of smarts. In Pittsburgh, a fellow grabbed a young woman's purse as she got off the bus. He then called her twice the next week and asked for a date. The police were in the process of tracking him down by the number he called from when he was caught outside a store trying to steal from two ladies. One happened to be the same young woman and the other was her mother. I suppose that fellow learned the truth behind the words of Moses: "Be sure your sin will find you out!"

Tomorrow morning I will be at the heart lab place with my little bride. Therefore, I will not be sending out my regular daily update. I do hope to send something out later in the day to report on her progress. I've been trying to do things for her because I know she is not up to full speed as she anticipates this procedure. It reminds me of when we came home with our newborn. I knew she needed my help and I was up and at em, 24 hours a day. As soon as she got better that alarm bell no longer sounded in my ear. She would tell me the next morning how many times she got up. Today I can truthfully say that I actually enjoy doing things for her. Wait a minute. I actually enjoy doing things for her? Where did that come from? She tells me at times that I don't have to treat her like she is an invalid. Believe me, as soon as we get over this procedure, she will no doubt rue the day she said that. Just kidding. I suppose I could have gotten that in writing. But, our faith and confidence is not in medical science, even though we know that God has given those things to us, our faith is in the Lord God of heaven to work all things out for GOOD to those who love Him and are the called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28) Notice it doesn't say that all are good things but when we belong to Him, everything works towards the fulfillment of His plan and purpose. And that my friend makes it GOOD! Amen.      ....More later.

No comments: