Friday, March 23, 2012

Song: "As angels lead me safely home and Heaven's gates I see, Jesus and all my loved ones will be waiting to welcome me."

It may be Friday but that doesn't mean we are finished yet. We've got plenty to do as we continue our sojourn here, and let's face it, more and more are working weekends, therefore, Friday is just another day. But, it is the day that God has made and we have the privilege of rejoicing in it, not because everything is always the way we would like for it to be, but because we know the God who made this day and He is our Father. That's a pretty good thought here on this March 23, 2012. How are you doing anyway? I know some feel like today is Tuesday since they've had a string of Mondays this week. My mom thinks I use that moniker, 'It is what it is.', perhaps a little more often than necessary, but the good news is that while it is what it is, for those of us who await our heavenly reunion, it is not yet what it will be! And that, my friend, is no misty eyed escape driven dream. It just happens to be as much of a reality as the things we touch and feel here on the planet. No. I have not ever visited heaven and no I can't tell you a whole lot of the details about how it functions and operates, but, I can tell you that we have God's Word that it is where He resides, and our Savior is at His right hand, and for each one who have put their faith in Him, it's home, it's our destination, it's where we are headed. That is our blessed hope based on the promises made to us by our Great God. Some say that we who openly anticipate this destination are dwelling on the morbid. We sure are in good company when we read of those in The Scriptures who looked forward to that day when they would stand in the very presence of God. The Apostle Paul spoke very clearly about how wonderful it would be for him because of being with the Lord, however, he also said that until that day, God had something for him to accomplish, and, He is not finished with us either, as we all have our race to finish here. Amen. (The Apostle Paul's Letter to the Philippians.)

I know that some who land on my blog must think that I mostly walk around with my hands folded for prayer and humming some classical hymn. Or, perhaps they think I'm one of those people who like to tell everyone else how they ought to live their lives. Neither of those would be accurate, however, I do readily admit that my relationship with Jesus the Christ and my struggles to live out His purpose do occupy the majority of what I am all about. I used that word struggles intentionally because to share a quote, struggling is what it is, and it does make up a huge part of our attempting to allow God to control and direct our living. That doesn't make me or anyone else elevated and on a tall platform barking down our thoughts towards others. What it does is to make it clear that we all struggle and as a wonderful mentor of mine used to say, that's makes us fellow strugglers. I've said it many times before. If I could have had any input on the salvation process I would have advised God that He should have taken away the propensity for His children to do the wrong thing. He didn't. I believe I have at least a small insight as to why He didn't. That sin nature being alive and well creates tension in our inner being but when you or I choose to allow God to direct and in so doing we say no to our natural inclination, our God, Creator of all things, receives honor and glory, and He is pleased. That should encourage each believer to be vigilant in pursuing the battle that seeks to control our actions, not out there, but in our very hearts. Thanks. I may have needed that encouragement more than you but I shared it as a way of saying one more time, we are in this together folks! Amen.

Another weekly chapter has come and gone. My wife is good to let me know when I make a boo boo and I typically do correct the original. That way when some great great great grandchild happens upon an archive of these random missives they will at least think I took the time to make them readable. Now as to what they will think about the subjects covered, or the mental health of the person who wrote them, well, they will soon enough learn that all families are dysfunctional, (After the Fall, Genesis 3), and most have their fair share of skeletons to deal with as well. One thing will be pretty clear. When it is all said and done, I will have said a whole lot more than I did. My grandfather pretty much predicted that one. Their continued research might find my photo with this information beside it. "User of more words than necessary to convey meaning." Ouch. That's okay because I know I deserve it. We have come to the end and I do hope and pray that you and yours will have a great Saturday, and that Lord's Day Sunday will find you gathered with other believers in a place where God is worshipped and His Word taught. I bid you farewell for now as I look forward to picking up where we left off next Monday. May God bless. Amen.           .....More later.

No comments: