Thursday, March 1, 2012

In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens. In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens. In the third year, they both speak and the neighbors listen.

Good Thursday morning folks. It's a good day to rise, shine, and give our great God the glory on this very first day of March, 2012. My wife did her follow up on Tuesday with her primary care physician. He wanted her to be checked again by a cardiologist. The heart doctor still has some questions about exactly what might be going on with her pump so they are to do a heart catheterization early next Wednesday morning. We are thankful to have access to such excellent medical resources and we are trusting God to work all of this out. She is in good spirits but anyone would be a little anxious about something like this. I well remember that day back in 1964 when her dad and I stood at the wood burning furnace where I was trying to stumble through asking his permission to marry his daughter. I'm not sure what was glowing more. My cheeks or the wood burning in that heater. He had to help me fill in the blanks and I greatly appreciate that. As best I can remember we did not discuss any warranty provisions, therefore, I suppose we will have to deal with these minor issues on our own. Just joking, folks. Don't write me any ugly notes. I know she has a loyal support base. I've seen those looks and felt that heat coming off her supporters when I tell a little funny or two about her, us, and our journey together. Anyone who knows her knows that she is a remarkable woman and the Lord God in heaven knows how blessed I feel to be her husband. We leave it in His hands and appreciate your prayers as we seek to get to the bottom of these unresolved issues. Thanks for your prayers and support.

Billy Graham with his son, Franklin.
I received several responses from this past Tuesday's blog devoted to the hostility being directed towards people who embrace Jesus as Lord and Savior. It's not that we were not told by our Lord that this day would come but I think the sobering aspect is how that it is happening here, in our nation, the home of the brave and the land of the free. This disdain for those who attempt to stand for Biblical principles has become mainstream, from the White House to the Court House, and in almost every TV program televised. It is now culturally acceptable to mock Christianity openly in every area of public and private life. Franklin Graham, son of his famous father, Billy, who is often called America's Pastor, but Franklin has been vilified for his willingness to stand up for 'thus says the Word of God'. He has been ridiculed mercilessly. Last week I heard one commentator declare that Franklin's comments that were interpreted by the media as a question of the President's personal faith in Christ, proved Franklin to be something other than his father's son. I may not agree with every detail of what Franklin Graham has to say on every subject. But, how could we not be thankful for this man and his willingness to stand up for the faith of our fathers? I say God bless Franklin Graham for calling attention to the reality of how the life of this nation is being played out. He could just as easily keep quiet but his platform is not what man has to say about it, not what popular culture parades before us day after day, but he has simply declared that he will do his best, with God's help, to proclaim the truth that God Himself has given to us in His Book, the Holy Bible. Join me in thanking God for this voice crying in the wilderness. Amen.

I also appreciate those who do respond to my daily dialogue sessions. If you remember, I made it clear that taking a stand begins with me, myself, and I. That's where we all need to realize that we too have a role in this battle. And, it is a battle, a battle for the soul of our nation and the future of our children and their lineage. Just reading the entries from the people who show up on my Facebook page tells me every day how totally ingrained these hostilities have become. Comments flow forth and back that go against any and all things that pertain to God's ways and while we might flinch as we feel this on a national scale, this battle, my friends, is being waged mostly where our children live out their day. In fact, some predict a soon coming society where these battles over social issues that are considered controversial will be a thing of the past. Why? Because our grandchildren and great grandchildren will no longer have this Bible thing that draws lines in the sand, that calls people to a standard of life, and makes distinctions in behavior as to right and wrong. That's the day being pursued by those who desire the hearts and minds of our children. You might think I am being a little paranoid. Take the time to go and see for yourself and make up your own mind. How will that so called social utopia show itself when it becomes the rule instead of the exception? It will be very much like the days in Bible times when we are told that everyone did that which was right in their own eyes. (Judges Chapter 21) What was the result? Chaos, confusion, and corruption, all without restraint. That should give us all something to ponder and to prayer about. Amen and Amen.       .....More later.

No comments: