Monday, March 5, 2012

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

 ***Thanks so much to all of you who prayed for my step sister, Miriam, and her family. She passed away last Saturday evening and we thank God for His mercy. Arrangements are pending at this time but I know the family would appreciate prayers on their behalf. As I previously said, ALS is one of the most horrible diseases around as it literally traps a person in their body, which, over time, can no longer function. While we, as believers, can't fully appreciate what our new body will be like, we know it will be perfect just like the body our resurrected Lord. That gives us both hope and something to look forward to. May God bless all of those who grieve and may God bless the memory of this loved one.***

Welcome once again to where the rubber meets the road, here on this Monday, March 5, 2012. That rubber meets the road idiom has come to mean the main point of something but it actually got its start from a jingle in a commercial. "Wherever wheels are rolling, No matter what the load, The name that's known is Firestone,Where the rubber meets the road." This reportedly was run back in the early 1960's but I don't recall it. I do know that this figure of speech has become very popular. I hear it quite often in a problem solving, scheduling, or work process context. There are numerous blogs that have made this catchy slogan their title. I suppose they are calling attention to their writing and their telling of how it really is, no ifs, ands, or buts, about it. Hey, wait just a cotton picking minute. I thought that was what I was doing. You telling me there are competitors out there vying for people's time and attention? That would be correct my friend to the tune of millions or more. But, that's okay because they have their ideas about where the rubber meets the road and I have some of my own. In fact, we all do. That's why variety is often called the spice of life. Most of them will probably never share with you some of the profound insights that I address. I bet they would never tell you about the two cannibals who were eating a clown. One of them said to the other, "Don't you think this tastes funny?" There you go. We all have to distinguish ourselves in one way or the other. You think you would like to try the other for a while? Come on. Be kind. I need all the help I can get.

Tomorrow is Super Tuesday. They call it that because ten different states will be casting their votes for the Republican candidate for President. I'm certainly not feeling suped-up about Super Tuesday or anything else pertaining to this very mediocre field of candidates. I lean towards Rick Santorum because of his conservative credentials especially in the area of social issues. However, his voting record while in the US Senate along with his explanations for his voting record while he was in the Senate, well, they are somewhat problematic to me. That being said, we end up again with one of those hold your nose and choose. I hear people more and more using that old adage, the lesser of all evils. What a choice! How said is that? Wouldn't it be great if we had a candidate we could be for, for a change. Like Ronald Reagan. Like George W. Yes, I know many are down on President George W. Bush, but for me, it was never any question when I went to the polls about pulling the lever for him. I was for him. I felt good about my vote. Am I happy with all that happened under his watch? Of course not. But, I don't feel bad about my vote for him. But I can't seem to get there on these who are vying for the nomination this go round. Maybe that will change. Maybe I will get excited about one of these choices. One thing I am thankful for and that is my faith in Almighty God to accomplish His ultimate plan and purpose, regardless of how I feel about anything, and regardless of who sits in the Oval Office. Now that's a truth I can feel good about! Amen.

My wife's heart procedure is coming up early Wednesday morning. We had a message on our home phone pertaining to this matter. The lady said she wanted to confirm the schedule, provide any needed information, AND, when we call she will advise as to the amount of money we need to bring to pay based on their contact with our insurance company. While that was not in the least bit unexpected, that last bit of the message kind of interrupted the flow of the positive feel good vibes being communicated. But, it is a fact of life. In fact, it is a fact of life and death. We know it is a business and when all is said and done, the business must show a profit in order for it to be viable. However, it just seems to me that in that world of yesteryear, in that galaxy far far away, they used to do a better job of making that part of it the secondary consideration instead of the primary. But, maybe that's just me. One thing we can be thankful for is that we do have access to the latest and greatest medical technologies and we are blessed to have insurance coverage to assist. Today we will find out what the mystery number is and it will be preceded by a dollar sign. We have all learned that whatever we had experienced last year has been totally discarded as all medical and insurance businesses have changed in anticipation of the federal government becoming in charge of every aspect of health care. That number we await will reflect these changes. It causes me to feel like that famous quote that came out of the old Laurel and Hardy films, "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!" Until next time may the good Lord take a liking to you is my prayer. Amen.      ....More later.

No comments: