Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to my wonderful wife!

Good morning on this day that is designated as Good Friday, April 22, 2011. It is good news Friday because of our Savior who went to The Cross to pay our sin debt. It certainly was not good in terms of the pain and suffering He endured but it was a day that He embraced with joy because He knew that men, women, boys, and girls would be able to be with Him forever as a result of His sacrifice. That makes it Good News on this Good Friday.                      ###########

It doesn't happen that often but Resurrection Sunday came late this year, and we, as a family, are also excited about a special birthday tomorrow, the 23rd. We are looking forward to honoring my wife and mother of our children on Saturday evening with all our bunch getting together. Marilyn was born over in the Winnsboro, Louisiana area. I looked up the weather on that particular day on the Old Farmer's Almanac website. The low that day was around 58 and the high was 85, but there was a steady wind of over 9 mph with gusts to 15 mph. She no doubt gusted into this world with a smile on her face as she joined her farming family and began her earthly sojourn. Over these many years it's pretty hard to come up with something new to say about her. If I had known I was going to be doing this so long I would have held back some of that gushing from the previous birthdays. Not really. She deserves it all and more. The Bible tells us that a man who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. (See Proverbs 18:22)

Some may not have ever fully appreciated the full impact of this truth in their own relationship, but I have, and it's wonderful to experience God's provision in the mate He has matched you with. Doesn't mean that it has all been perfect or without many challenges, however, it has been a blessing, and I thank God for her every day. My wife is unique. She can be funny and she can also be ferocious if anything near and dear to her comes under attack. She well fits the profile of a wife and mother who has tried to live in a way that is pleasing to God. She is an amazing woman and I am blessed to be her husband. You don't have to take my word for it. She has plenty of special friends around who remind me of that fact quite often. Her children, grandchildren, and our great grand all love her and appreciate all she has done in contributing to their lives. Me too. I am a husband that can, without hesitation or reservation, give testimony to her being a wonderful companion for these forty six plus years. Happy Birthday to my dear wife Marilyn and as I have signed my cards over the years, "Baby, you're the Greatest!" Still applies because it is still true. May God bless you on your special day. Amen.            .....More later.

No comments: