Friday, March 11, 2011

Smile, it's Friday, March 11, Lawrence Welk's birthday! How about some polka music?

Here we are. Since you have landed here, you might as well come on in and visit a spell on this Friday, March 11, 2011. At a place I worked once I was greeted each morning by a wonderful Vietnamese American co-worker with these words, "How you f-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-i-n-g today?" And, that's how we all have to start each day with whatever it is we have on our plate. My wife prefers funny stuff in my blog. The one I wrote the other day on the current budget crisis and the implications of the Middle East turmoil is not the way she likes to start her day. I understand that sentiment entirely, however, the issues that face our country and world today are not going to go away by us looking the other way, or in choosing just not to think about it. But my wife is not alone. We have at least two generations that actually trust a comedy show more than any so-called trusted mainstream news source. This show parodies the current news and is super left leaning in all its views. What's so bad about that? The people on this particular show hate any and all things that pertain to true Christianity, conservative values, family values, or any other item that might have decency as part of its definition. Are you suffering from a case of sour grapes? I don't think so. It's more like us that do care seem to be standing by like Nero and fiddling while the foundation of truth is going up in flames. Sorry. I was supposed to be less gloomy today. Look on the bright side. I'll get back to you later on the bright side deal.

Let me see if I can transition to something that I'm sure a number of my regular readers can identify with. When in doubt, throw in a poem, that's one of the techniques I use. This one is entitled: My Forgetter and there was no author listed. 1. My forgetter's getting better But my rememberer is broke. To you that may seem funny But, to me, that is no joke. 2. For when I'm "here" I'm wondering If I really should be "there" And, when I try to think it through, I haven't got a prayer! 3. Oft times I walk into a room, Say "what am I here for?" I wrack my brain, but all in vain A zero is my score. 4. At times I put something away Where it is safe, but, Gee! The person it is safest from Generally, is me! 5. When shopping I may see someone, Say "Hi" and have a chat, Then, when the person walks away I ask myself, "who's that?" 6. Yes, my forgetter's getting better While my rememberer is broke,  And it's driving me plumb crazy And that isn't any joke. (The End) It's a little frightening to be reaching that stage in life where one of Paw Paw Mac's sayings is much more understandable: "Son, you would forget your head if it wasn't attached to your body." Maybe former President George W. Bush was on to something when he said he had "misremembered it wrong." That caused the elites to go absolutely berserk even though that word is in some dictionaries. Maybe the grammar or lack thereof was what set them off. Bottom line, many of us know all too well exactly what it means to live in a state of misremembrance. I may have just invented a new word but I'll probably forget to take credit for it.

Finally the finale. We can always end up with those wonderful Church bulletin bloopers. Typos, dangling participles, and unintended inferences brings a smile on almost anyone's face. I say almost because some are pretty much determined not to find anything to smile about. Here's some that actually caused me to laugh out loud (LOL, Facebook abbreviation, who said I wasn't with it?) when I read them. .....Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Memorial Church. Come and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.....Miss Charlene Mason sang, "I Will Not Pass This Way Again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation........Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don't forget your husbands.....The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water." The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus".....Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack's sermons.....Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.....At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.....For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs......Low Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. Please use the back door......Okay. There were more but maybe we will revisit them again one day. I do pray that you will have a wonderful Saturday and that Sunday will find you somewhere in service to honor the Lord's Day. Until next time, wishing you and yours God's best, I remain, your scribbling scribe. Amen.              .....More later.

No comments: