Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Presenting a veritable cornucopia of inconsequential observations!

Good morning and welcome to another edition of 'Bad Writing Habits' brought to you by yours truly on this Tuesday, September 21, 2010. I do have a few new readers of late and while I am not marketing anything I will tell you that in addition to sending out this daily missive, all of my blogs are also archived and available, some 855 of them, as of today, and they can be found by clicking on http://viewfrommypew.blogspot.com. I would not deny their beneficial use for dealing with insomnia but as you've heard me say before, they are what they are. One caveat. I write what I write as it comes to me. I never intend to offend or malign anyone. However, there are issues that many of us agree on and perhaps some where we hold differing views. That's the freedom we hold dear as Americans. You may have voted for our current President. I support your right to do so 100%. I did not and I do not support his philosophy, his vision, or his programs. Therefore, you would expect me to express my thoughts as I see them and hopefully with respect and appreciation for the office, and the man, who has achieved such a dramatic rise to power. I hope most of the fun I make of people is pointed towards those I know best, namely, me, myself, and I. This blogging venture began back in the summer of 2007 and there's likely a few days when a do over would have been appropriate. But, the good news can be found in my desire to always call attention to our need to recognize and respond to the God who created all things. Because of this orientation, I have no problem inviting folks to read the stuff I've written over these years. If there is a single truth that unites us all it's the fact that every single one of us needs the Lord, every single moment of every single day!Amen.

This past Saturday when we nearly lost my brother I found myself in the ICU waiting room again. It is a huge hospital, therefore, it was a very large waiting room and one area was occupied by 30 or more family members and friends affiliated with a surgical patient. Many of the people had relocated to other waiting rooms because of this large family with so many children there. It was somewhat noisy but these folks were having a wonderful reunion right there in the waiting room. It was an African American family and they were greeting each other, laughing, and at times, crying together. Soon a group came in with catered food for the entire gathering. They set it up like a "dinner on the grounds" celebration at an old fashioned Church meeting. I was telling someone about it and they said perhaps someone should have reported them and had staff make them leave. I couldn't have disagreed more. To me, it was a wonderful demonstration of how God brings family together and I enjoyed them enjoying each other. I could tell from the greetings that for some it had been quite a while since they had seen each other. God formed the family and later called those who trust in Him His very own children. As I think about that family celebrating their love and caring, it reminds me that someday we will see our Savior face to face, and then be reunited at a family gathering that will be the greatest ever! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

That portable satellite radio given to me on my birthday has really been great as I have fought my way forth and back across the metroplex to check on my brother. On the best of days when the stars are all aligned and everyone is on their best behavior, the traffic is nothing shy of a nightmare. Since very rarely do you get the best of days or any of the other stuff, the traffic is most of the time the working definition of gridlock. But for me, now, I can skip around and listen to the Jack Webb series Dragnet, some great Southern Gospel by the Booth Brothers, a little 24 hour NASCAR, then maybe some talk radio to get my blood pressure going, or perhaps CNN, at least as long as I can take it, then BBC, a few strands of classical, some Glen Miller big band, and if the comedian is good, some clean jokes to help make the journey a little less tedious. Thanks to everyone for my new toy. It's been a blessing thus far. I find it hard to fathom how that I commuted into this vortex for well over 20 years. In fact, the other day I had the privilege of sitting for at least 15 minutes where I could peer down the street to the building where I spent way too many of my waking hours. As Yogi would say, it was: "Deja Vu all over again!" It would have been very appropriate had Bob Hope come on singing his famous theme "Thanks for the Memories." And, thank God for His provisions and how He should be recognized each time we safely reach our destination. Amen. Have a great day and I leave you with this warning: There will be ..........more later.

No comments: