Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A dog who attends a flea circus may end up stealing the show!

It is Tuesday, or that's what they tell me, and September continues to roll on, although it feels like July here, but welcome to my world on this September 14, 2010. I get the idea that the Obama folks are like I am sometime. I try to slip around to eat something I shouldn't, being diabetic and all, but the more quieter I try to be, it is the louder the noise made by the package or box of my intended conquest. In much the same way they tend to want to play everything as if its all lights and mirrors while hoping the American people will not hear the siren sounds, warning bells and crashing cymbals caused by their decisions. Actually I was surprised to see that blaming President George W. Bush is still one of the only workable options they have. President Bush's negatives are still fairly high, unfairly so the way I see it, but that's a different discussion. History will straighten much of that out, that is, depending on who writes it. The real news here is how the gap in these negatives between our former president compared to the current occupant of the Oval Office is closing alarmingly fast. That should scare these really smart people because they are playing a dangerous game, and while we are a fairly reasonable people, we will not forever and ever accept finger pointing as an excuse for failed leadership. Another thing that's interesting to me is how they are bent on picking a fight with U. S. Representative John Boehner. He is the republican who would likely become Speaker of the House if the democrats lose their majority in November. They want to engage him so bad. They need a bad guy and he's the best they have, or at least a second choice to Bush. I suppose Cheney's heart finally made it hard to use him as their whipping boy. But, the problem is that Rep. Boehner is hardly known by the American people, therefore, this strategy becomes one of: "They are really angry at this particular dude who has too much of a tan but I don't have clue as to who he really is." John who? Man, that makes it hard to slip up on some Little Debbie Cakes if you are me, or to make progress in changing the subject if you are the Obama team.

I know most of you think that I must obsess over politics all the time. You would be wrong. I am probably more tuned in than the average bear but it's not something I typically go to bed thinking about. Those who know me are aware that I can still multi-process a little. I used to brag about being able to juggle dozens of issues and priorities at the same time. Nowadays I find myself mostly trying to remember how to juggle at all. Getting all the balls up in the air is not the problem, it's figuring out how many are going to hit the floor that consumes my attention. It doesn't take but one visit to see my brother to help frame the fragility of life as we know it. Yesterday a dear friend of ours sent out an email about his pending heart surgery. It was an extremely risky surgery but one he faced with faith, hope, and optimism. I am happy to report that he made it through the surgery and is now on his way to recovery. In his email he shared his testimony of how this event had triggered a desire to share his love for all those near to him, as well as to inform everyone of the hope and confidence he has in his Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. His desire is to live out a normal life if that is God's provision for him but he stated that he is fully ready to meet His Savior, not because of one solitary good thing he has ever done, but because of the blood of Christ that has saved and forgiven him and made him an eternal child of the living God. Yes. He said he had updated his will and made other prudent arrangements but his greatest concern was that every single person who read his note or heard about his testimony would come to the knowledge of the truth so that when they came to face the end of their days here, they too would be ready to go. What a way to live and what a way to get ready to die. Thanks Bro. Robert and may God continue to heal your body for His honor and glory. Amen.

One of the things that has happened during my brother's illness is the reconnecting of our family during this crisis. It's tough to see him in the condition he's in and while our gathering together Sunday was solemn, my how wonderful it was for us to come together as a family once again. I heard many there mentioning how sad it is that we no longer see each other and visit like we did so many years ago. All families are unique and we are about as unique as they come. I say that fully realizing how the word unique which at one time meant a one of a kind difference has come to mean any and all things to people who throw it around. But we are unique like others and also in a one of a kind sort of different way as well. We are a much blended clan. The Heinz 57 Variety comes to mind but that sounds like too low of a number to me. Mom's children, dad's children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, great great grandchildren, those married into the family, those tagging along for the ride, and everything in between, has led to a most remarkable outcome. It's an uncanny love connection we have for each other. No. We can't see it everyday because we rarely see everyone anymore but it may be months or it may even be years, but when we do come together, the blend vanishes as we are bonded in our love one for another. Some folks think I brag about stuff like this but as the athletes say, it's not bragging if it is a fact, and in our case, I think it to be a God thing, therefore, He deserves the glory for it all, anyway. Meanwhile, we are the recipients of this love and appreciation that bonds us together and helps us all to deal with the challenges that mark our journey here. It's special and I am thankful to God for it. If you don't have this type of closeness within your family, well, you can, I can, we all can, do our part to change that, and that's a real good thought upon which to end my rambling and wobbling thoughts for today. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: