Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day on this Monday, September 7, 2009. I am thankful to be off from work on this three day celebration. We are a part of the pie slice that are staying home for the three day weekend. My wife worked on Saturday and she is working also today. We had a wonderful lunch with our middle son and his family yesterday after morning services. The "to-do" list for me is long but as the Bible says the spirit or thought process is willing but the flesh is weak. I have gotten a few things accomplished but not nearly enough to account for a hill of beans, if you know what I mean. However, today is labor day so maybe I will engage myself in a few projects befitting the title of our holiday. The labor situation at this time in our nation deserves our prayers of intercession to God. We have a number of families struggling with unemployment or underemployment in our local fellowship of believers and there are millions more struggling at this time. As always, we can't be sure about the future but we are privileged to know and be able to call upon the One who is sure and knows all. Join me on this day set aside to honor workers to pray for those who need work to provide for their needs and the needs of their families. I suppose having your "to-do" list on your mental note pad makes it a little more convenient to miss an item or two and then there's that unexpected erasing that sometimes happens without you even knowing it. I was trying that one out but come to think about it, it would be better just to get up and get something done! Have a great day and may God bless. Amen. Until next time when there will be: ......more later!

No comments: