Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Saying farewell to a shining light!

On this Wednesday, April 8, 2009 I am remembering the life and times of a remarkable woman. Yesterday I received the sad news about the passing of my dear Aunt Mattie Lee. She has had a long and full life but has been in poor health for several years and we are thanking God that she is now in the presence of her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. As a kid growing up she and my Uncle Asa were larger than life people to me. Having lost my dad when I was seven, folks like this couple did what they could to help me make my way forward. As a teenager I spent two summers living with them while working in my Uncle’s business. Aunt Mattie Lee was a vivacious lady with a smile that would light up any room. She doted on those in her life and I was blessed to be one of those who received her special love. What a life and what a testimony!

While I will not be able to attend her memorial service which is in Florida tomorrow, I am praying for my Uncle and the rest of the family. Her life reminds me that we are all leaving a story behind. Her story is one of caring and loving and putting the needs of others ahead of her own. I thank God for Aunt Mattie Lee and all those He has sent into my life to help make me who I am today. We sorrow, but not as those who have no hope for we have not lost our dear one. We know exactly where she is! She is now free. Free at last, pain free. Free at last. Free at last. Thank God Almighty she is free at last. May God be with Uncle Asa and the rest of the family as they make their way forward. Join me in thanking God for this sweet lady and her influence on so many lives. Amen. …..More later.

No comments: