Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

Today is my wife’s birthday and I’m thinking about the forty-eight years that have passed since I first met her. This is what I am up to on this Thursday, April 23, 2009. I’m thinking about her and how that love at first sight freight train came out of nowhere and crushed me once and for all, forever. You laugh but that’s how it happened and she will attest to this lightning strike experience. I didn’t notice her until I noticed her and when I did it was all over except for the shouting. I had trouble finding a specific credible source for the origin of “all over except for the shouting” but believe me it was very much appropriate then and it’s still how I feel today. I never tell people that I fell in love because for me it was more like I imploded from the inside out, or something like that.

Whatever, that’s my story and I can’t help but stick to it. We’ve not always had a easy time of it. We’ve had our fair share of challenges, cares, and calamities but when the dust has settled and when we are where we should be, thinking as we should think, there’s that grand canyon deep and abiding love that has conquered them all, with God’s help I might add. In the end I don’t have to be told by anyone how blessed I am to have spent these many years with this very special lady. Respected by all and loved by a large throng of folks, she continues to exemplify what a true woman should be, to God, to me, our family, our extended family, our Church family, and for the countless friends she has.

Each morning on the way into the office I spend time praising God and also bringing my petitions before Him even as we are invited to do. Every day I thank Him for and pray for the companion and wife He has given to me. The Bible tells us that every good gift comes down from above. That being true, I pause to share my thanks for my wife as a superb example of God’s gift giving nature. Happy Birthday Sweetheart! We started out as young teens together and by the grace of God I hope to finish my race here, beside you! Amen. ……More later.

No comments: