Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm off and running and feeling a-okay!

It’s Thursday and I am thankful to be up, going, and pretty much feeling a-okay on this cool, crisp January 22, 2009. That term a-okay has as its meaning to have everything in working order and ready for action. One illustration would be to hear your doctor say that after having done a complete physical examination that everything is fine, it’s ‘a-okay’. I may have over extended myself a little by throwing out such a strong term to start off the day but let me just say how thankful I am for being as well as I am. This has been one of my best weeks since ole Ike slammed into our home as far as managing my blood sugar. I’ve had near normal numbers all week long! Now that is a praise the Lord because with all that has been happening along with the stress and strain, this entire area has been somewhat illusive BUT God is good and I thank Him that as I prepare for my upcoming six month checkup it’s actually looking pretty much …..a-okay!

Our Brother Milton continues his remarkable recovery and they are now actually making plans on the next phase of rehabilitation, whether he is ready to relocate back to his home in Florida, or move to a specialty center here. What a tremendous discussion to be having! He was ecstatic last night and he said the entire day with all these developments had been nothing short of shocking. That’s right! God, at times, shocks us with His response to our needs. While visiting Brother Milton I passed by a room and saw a lady we know who attends our Church. She and her husband are from North Dakota, have family in our area, and have been wintering here for maybe ten years or more. This elderly couple have a testimony of faithfulness, they have a sweet and humble spirit, and their love for each other is there for all to see. They always worship with us when they are here in our area. She has very serious emphysema and last week suffered congestive heart failure. I went into the room and greeted her and her husband. I had prayer with them. When I finished my prayer I looked up and saw a tear rolling down the husband’s cheek. May God be with them as they face this latest health crisis.

People matter. They matter to God and they should matter to you and I. It’s not because of what we bring to the table but as the Scriptures tell us, it’s because of His great love whereby He chose to love us. You and I who have been recipients of His great love are to be conduits of this same love extended to others wherever and whenever we find them. Who knows? You may pass by someone’s room today that needs a special touch from the Lord and He may have arranged for you to be the one that brings it to them! Now I ask you, do we serve a great God, or what? I read a book a few years ago that said our greatest enemy is to settle for a life characterized as ‘average’. We serve an extraordinary God who works in us so that we can live an extraordinary life; therefore, we need to tune in to all that He wants to do through us, as His chosen instruments of love and kindness. When you do this, you might just be in for a very ‘above average’day! This might even cause you to say that everything is a-okay! Amen. ….More later.

No comments: