Thursday, January 8, 2009

Have you ever been caught in a vexing vortex?

Okay, I know it is Thursday, it's early, and I saw a beautiful moon, (The lesser light to rule the night as found in Genesis 1.), on my way in, and I am having one of those vortexing starts to my day on this January 8, 2009. That moon was so clear I could almost see Jackie Gleason's huge smile on it from the opening shot of the old "Honeymooners" TV series. That's right. Vortexing. An example is the swirling water as it is sucked down the bathtub drain. Too much stuff pulling me in too many directions. But, how in the world are you and yours, anyway? Our Bro. Milton has really taken a beating in this move from the hospital ICU to the rehab ICU. He was generally immobile for over thirty straight days except for some brief times where he stood and was able to sit in a chair. Now he has been moved, checked, rechecked, poked on, moved more, worked with, and it's only the beginning. That's why they call it rehabilitation. I attempt to run by each afternoon and visit with him for a few minutes, have prayer, and then head to my next stop. Today was one of those days where I could have kept on sleeping but that wasn't possible because my internal clock said, "Get up and go!"

I'll be brief today. No, that's not intended to be threat, a joke, or a promise. Thus far God has blessed our company and we have many projects to work on to start out this brand New Year. This is challenging but also a great blessing as we read the headlines and realize the great distress that has befallen so many. What times we are experiencing! I have said before and continue to say that what qualifies this as being such an unbelievable situation within our worldwide economy is the fact that no one seems to have a clue as to what can be done about it. I heard President-elect Obama say yesterday that they cannot be certain the pending stimulus plan will do what they want it to do. They will have to try and then wait and see. Wait and see? I thought all these Harvard grads knew it all! But in the end, you and I, have our God to depend upon, and HE is our hope, our help, and our confidence. Those waters may get deep and turbulent for us all before this thing plays itself out, but Jesus knows how to walk on that water in order to come and rescue us. Let us put all our eggs in one basket. The basket of faith in our Great God. See you later as I meet myself coming backwards, whatever that means. May God bless. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: