Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Mother Said There Would Be Days Like This!

Some days can be quite a challenge in the information technology age. For some reason this morning Microsoft Word has chosen to be very flaky as I have been putting together my blog entries. Okay, I will confess that if I could get my hands on Bill Gates at this moment his biggest worry would not be how many more billions he could accumulate. Let me also give a dishonorable mention to HP for their automatic updating that typically takes over your PC and more often than not it is when this utility is running supposedly in background mode that you will encounter problems. Oh yeah, I should be thankful that Word did try to recover but back to a point that became an insult to have to rethink all the stuff that was lost.

Maybe that particular blog was not intended to see the light of day. Or, maybe my days of doing battle with Microsoft are coming back to haunt me. I used to tell people that most of what they promised me when I was running a large computer environment was made up of two elements, brochure-ware and vapor-ware, mostly slick sheets and grandiose predictions. That doesn’t mean I didn’t use their products but I made it my passion to do my best to make them perform which I will tell anyone is not for the faint hearted. If you decide to do this you had better come early and prepare to stay late!

I had a great blog going on the big issues in life and how God allows you to somehow stumble your way into learning the lessons He wants you to learn. Maybe I’ll come back to it or maybe not. Not having it available today was not due to any lacking of effort or commitment on my part, therefore, I’ll end this for now, go get another cup of coffee, and see if the computer gremlins really want to take me on today! May God bless us all as we see Him as the reason for our being. Amen. …..More later.

No comments: