Friday, September 18, 2026

"When your dog physically leans against you, it shows they view you as their primary source of security and comfort." ~ copied

It is Thursday, September 17, 2026. Welcome. Today's edition is being written by none other than Lil Miss Biscuit. Who better to let you know what's happening in and around the ole blogger ranch than me? I'll start with this: These People! They may be older, but they are always going. Going here and there, I suppose. The result? I am left behind, typically in my own pen. I would sing "Don't Fence Me In" if I knew it, and if I knew how to sing. Ha. They always leave the TV on for me. Sometimes they leave the news on. Are you kidding me? Hearing all that makes me glad to be a dog. It does. It really does. Sometimes they leave hours-long worship music on. I enjoy it, but for all those hours while they are gone to Church, I ask you, would you enjoy it for that long? I heard them say I was 2-1/2 years old. I can't remember them having any birthday parties for me. They do a great job with the food they give me, and they keep my water bowls filled. On the rare occasion when one of my bowls becomes empty, I do know how to make them ring as I bang them against the floor. They respond, but I notice they sometimes grumble a little. I don't really mind because they pretty much spoil me all the time. Mostly. I know they do because I hear them say it over and over. "Lil Miss Biscuit is so spoiled". A bit tiresome, don't you think? I will give kudos to the man of the house for how he keeps treats stocked for me. I do love me some treats. I'm not completely sold on the so-called teeth cleaner treat, but it seems to make them happy, so I chew it. I do have to work for the treat. Yeah. I inform him that I need to go outside. I run around without a leash, which means he hollers at me quite a lot when I get close to the road. That man can wake the entire neighborhood when he perceives that I am in danger. I like to mess with his mind a wee bit from time to time. And, yes. I do occasionally fake going because I am very interested in the treat awaiting me when we go back into the house. That is one of my fun things to do. I know how to fetch, and I do it better than he does at throwing. Living with old people, they tire easily, but here's my truth: I wouldn't trade them for anyone else in the world. Understand that I don't really know that many people. Who knows? Someone might come along. You never know. That's a joke. Enjoy the rest of your day. Oh yeah, I do enjoy lying behind him in the chair while he types out his blogs. I do. I really do. I guess it is 'my happy place'.

 

Y'all have a great weekend, Saturday, and the new week day of Sunday. Church. If I hear that 'Come Jesus Come' one more time, I'm going to cover my ears. Ha! Next time, I will tackle two of my least favorite things: Vet visits and grooming services. I felt a shiver coming on. Next time........ 

No comments: