It's
Thursday,
September 17,
2006, and I'm spinning the wheel this morning, and no one knows where it will stop. At 80, I often find myself struggling to locate the really good subject I was going to write about, only to find, like former President George W. Bush, that I misremembered it. I know. Physician, heal thyself, WRITE IT DOWN! This means I will have to do it this way. Make it up as I go. Perhaps that really good idea will manifest itself and come out from wherever it is hiding as I continue today's blog. Here are a couple of stories that help illustrate what I am talking about: 1) An 80-year-old man tells his friend over coffee that he has been going to a clinic to help his memory. "And is it working?" his friend asks."Oh, absolutely," the man replies. "It's wonderful." "What is the clinic called?" asks the friend. The old man pauses, rubs his chin, and says, "What is the name of that red flower with the long stem and thorns?" His friend says, "A rose?" The old man turns to his wife across the room and yells, "Rose! What's the name of that clinic I go to?" 2) Three old men are talking about their failing memories. The first says, "Today I was at the top of the stairs, and I couldn't remember if I had just gone up or was about to go down." The second says, "I was sitting at the edge of my bed and couldn't remember if I was about to sleep or just woke up." The third man laughs and says, "My memory is as good as ever, knock on wood." He hits the table twice, looks up in surprise, and yells, "Who's there?" I know. You've read or heard those already. Me too, but I used them as a stalling technique while I'm still searching those filing cabinets upstairs to see if I can come up with that missing idea. Upstairs meaning my noggin. However, I discovered my search engine is on vacation, and I will have to come back later. Ha.

I so much enjoy songs that speak to my heart. What say you? One I heard the other day that I haven't heard for a while gave me that far-away look in my eyes, along with a few tears. The song is "I Won't Have To Worry Anymore". It was written in 1971 by James Goss and Jimmy Jones. It has been recorded by dozens of Southern Gospel singers, and I particularly like to listen to it sung by the young Irish singer, Owen Mac. You can look him up on YouTube. Here are the lyrics:
1st Verse
Down here my burden's heavy
And the road is rough and long
Sometimes my feet get weary and so sore
But a brighter day is coming
Soon I'll stand on Heaven's shore
And I won't have to worry anymore
Chorus
Oh, I won't have to worry
When I reach the other shore
All my troubles will be over
And I rest forevermore
My eyes will be on Jesus
And my heart will be a glow
And I won't have to worry anymore
2nd Verse
Someday when life is over
And I've said my last goodbye
I'll see my Savior standing at the door
He'll say, "My child, you're welcome
All your cares are left behind"
And I won't have to worry anymore
Repeat Chorus
Tag
No, I won't have to worry anymore.
Critics say this type of song emphasizes escapism. I say Amen to that because that's exactly what I look forward to: Escaping from this world to my heavenly home. Yes. Yes.
Hallelujah and Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment