Howdy, howdy, I hope today finds you and yours doing fine and dandy. If you are, thank God. If you are, like so many, and things are challenging, thank God because He is the source of our help. We can trust and find Him, no matter our circumstances. It's
Monday,
September 21,
2026, and I'm off to the X-ray techs to take pictures of that wee tiny spot in my chest to see if it's grown. I don't see the pulmonologist for a few weeks, but the appointment people have been bombarding me to get this procedure done. This means I will see and check the report a good while before he reports on it. After the visit to the medical facility, I will swing back by the house and pick up my bride because we are in Bible conference through Wednesday of this week, morning and evening services. What's a Bible conference? It's where folks show up to hear different preachers expound on the Word of God. There's always great worship through music, and we also have a luncheon speaker. We had a great kickoff yesterday morning and last night. If you are in Conroe, Houston, The Woodlands, Tomball, Montgomery, Willis, Huntsville, Kingwood, Cleveland, or anywhere, we start at 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. each day. Showing up will be worth it. I can assure you Holy Spirit God will be in each service to apply the Word of God to each heart. More information can be accessed via the website or phone number as indicated in the image above. Lord willing, we plan to make all the services. I hope to see you there too.
Amen.

I am glad to report the wife is making progress in her recovery from the surgery she had back on August 18. She is typically very active and always on the go. Having to take things slow and easy has been a huge challenge for her. We started using one of those zero-turn mowing units about five years ago. I used it some when we first got it. But she is the yard person, and she has done almost all the mowing for several years. While this is somewhat embarrassing, I pretty much had forgotten how to operate the mowing machine. She had to give me a tutorial to get me started, and I drove that thing in circles for over an hour. She would occasionally come out of the house and give me a look-see to check on my progress, and because she is a master, she was even willing to point out some of my oversights and mistakes. That made me feel so good; I could hardly contain my appreciation. Because I care so much about her recovery, I suppose that's why I directed her to return to her recliner and leave the oversights and mistakes to me. I'm glad her supervisory instinct is alive and well. Ha. Even sadder, several of our neighbors shared their concern about how she must be either ill or absent because they noticed the condition of our yard. Give me a break, already! I hope they know I've never had any desire whatsoever to have yard of the month. Nope. Never. I think you know where I'm coming from, right, Vern? May God help us all, and especially me, as I do my best to keep the home front intact.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment