Monday, September 14, 2026

Hebrews 10:25 ~ New Living Translation ~ "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near."

Good morning and welcome. Today is Monday, September 14, 2026, and at 80, I better understand those who say how much they thank God for another day. Right? That's not to say I didn't thank Him before, but I suppose the age situation has made it even more real. I also thank God for the enthusiasm and desire to be with my fellow believers each time we gather at the meeting of our called-out assembly, our Church. If you feel the same, don't take that for granted. Some might say it's because I am a Bible teacher and I sing in the choir. I do feel the weight of those responsibilities, but I believe in my heart of hearts I would feel the same way about Church even if I were not in those positions. I know so many who are in situations where they cannot attend, shut-ins, and they would love to be able to show up at the meeting place. Our Bible study group, Sunday school class, or, as it is called in today's naming approach, our life-group, is made up of folks primarily in our age group. Sure. We exchange a lot of burdens with one another; again, our age means we have a lot to say grace over. Our children. Their children. Their children's children. Our heath. Other believers dealing with great challenges. The rest of our community of believers, along with our leaders and their families. Our needs may be expressed differently than younger groups; however, they are just that: needs. We serve a God who cares about everything in our lives, regardless of our age, the good, the bad, and the ugly. We show up. We love on each other. And God shows up to love on us all. Now, if being able to meet in a special way with the God of creation, His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit God, if that doesn't bring a wee bit of interest and excitement, well, I can't help you. I can't. I really can't. I can't help but thank Him for designing our lives as believers the way He did, and that includes being a part of His instituted local assembly, His Church. Amen.

 

When I say we hear from God, I mean it. We do. We really do. That is, if the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth from God's Holy Word, the Bible, is faithfully taught and preached. The Spirit of the Almighty works when His Word is set before His created human family. Hey, that's how He designed it. After all, He is the Creator. His design for life is best. It is. It really is. Only true believers can grasp this. Therefore, I encourage any and all who happen upon my blog to become a believer in God through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. You can. You really can. Call on Jesus to save you. Mean it from your heart. He already knows everything there is to know about you, yet He loved you enough to die on The Cross in your place. If you want to know some about what the Bible says about how we all are sinners in need of a Savior, Google the Roman road to salvation. Some images there clearly lay out a summary of where we all stand before a Holy God and how He has provided us a way to be with Him forever. Check it out. Meanwhile, I urge all believers to take Church seriously. It can. No. It will make a difference in your life. Amen and Amen

No comments: