Hello and welcome. Today is Tuesday, September 22, 2026, and I thank God for another day. What say you? Yesterday they did a CT Scan of my chest. This is the third or fourth time they've checked nodules that were thought to be suspicious. Here is the impression as stated by the radiologist in the test results: "Stable pulmonary nodules which are most certainly benign. Continued follow-up is unlikely to be of benefit." Can you say Amen? I can. Hallelujah and Amen! I still have to wait for official confirmation from the pulmonologist who ordered the scan, but reading this report was good news, and I give God thanks. I can do without the scan, if you know what I mean, Vern. I understand that today is the official first day of fall. They predict mid 90's for a high temperature here in our area. Not so fall-like, right? The wife of my youth has put out some fall decorations. Already. I suppose I could crank down the A/C as low as it will go, and we could sit around and dream about cooler weather. You know you live where hot weather is the norm when you celebrate even a wee drop in the humidity. That happened this past weekend. I dragged the wife out on the driveway early Saturday morning to experience 73 degrees because, with the lower humidity, it was noticeably cooler. It was. It really was. That lasted a couple of days, and now we are back to our normal super-hot days, yes, even in September.
The Word of God tells us to give thanks in all things. That has always been a tough one for me. I know it doesn't mean we should give thanks for a horrible tragedy, but rather that we can be thankful that God is with us even when we experience great challenges. We also know that even heartaches and trouble work together for our ultimate good according to the Scriptures. (1st Thessalonians 5:18 and Romans 8:28) All things. As the preacher says, all means all, and that's all it means. Like I say, always being thankful is not so easy for me. At the end of the day, the only way I can reflect God's truth is with His help. Pray for me that I will be who God wants me to be. I do want to finish strong, and to me that means being an influence of God's truth on those who are near and dear to my heart, my family, including even the little ones. If we believe God's word, we know the destiny of those who fail to respond to God's salvation; therefore, I want to be a living testimony of what it means to live for Him. May God help us all to seek Him each and every day of our lives. Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment