Yesterday, we did get a good update from the surgeon regarding the wife's recovery. We made it to the medical center just fine. Halfway back, we encountered a blinding rainstorm. Blinding. It was bumper-to-bumper the rest of the way home. That will fray anyone's nerves, except for the 18-wheelers and those jacked-up pickup trucks. Those fellows seem to enjoy engulfing everyone riding beside them with water spray that rocks the vehicle. Just my observation; I'm not being overly critical because they may do it without knowing it. As you can tell, I am here slinging words again; therefore, it's clear we made it. When we finally got to our homeplace, I told the wife how I thanked God for His provision and protection there and back. Hopefully I will get these fingers to unwind by Sunday. Ha. (From holding the steering wheel so tightly.) Y'all enjoy your Saturday, and on Sunday, I hope to see you at our gathering place, where we will join hearts in seeking our Great God. Monday will be a special day for us: It will be Monday. Thanks for your support, and may God add His blessings. Amen.
Friday, September 4, 2026
“Before the reward, there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy." — Ralph Ransom
Here we go! For many, this will be a three-day holiday celebration. I do hope everyone enjoys the 2026 Labor Day Weekend. It is Friday, September 4, 2026, and I do hope today finds you and yours doing well. For those of us no longer in the public workforce, our days are mostly counted based on our next doctor's appointments. Ha! Back in the day, when I worked in the computing and telecommunications world, holidays like Labor Day were opportune times to install software upgrades to the network, meaning we did exactly what the holiday celebrates: we labored. We all know 24x7 jobs must be staffed regardless of the holiday. Air traffic controllers, medical support staff, first responders, hospital workers, military personnel, power plant operators, and many, many others. I think of some Bible verses that emphasize work and associated labors: Colossians 3:23: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. "Proverbs 14:23: "All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. "Ecclesiastes 3:22: "So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot." Psalm 127:2: "In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat—for he grants sleep to those he loves." 2 Thessalonians 3:10: "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat. "Proverbs 10:4: "Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth."1 Timothy 5:8: "Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." 1 Corinthians 15:58: "Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." Genesis 2:15: "The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it." The bottom line: Work and labor were part of creation, and we would do well to follow God's plan and purpose as we go about the work He has provided for us. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment