Wednesday, May 6, 2020

"Laughter is the valve on the pressure cooker of life." ~ Wavy Gravy

Hello friends and neighbors, it's Wednesday, May 6, 2020, and I send a hearty hello to everyone tuning in today. I tell you, if it's not one thing it's something else. Now that things are beginning to begin to reopen all I hear about are the potential for a second wave, a mutated virus strain, and how it may be worse than what we've already been through. I know some have been discouraged by all of this and they have determined to quit paying any attention to any news. I wouldn't recommend that for anyone, however, I do understand the frustration involved. We do need to stay somewhat in touch with what is going on in order to make good decisions on behalf of ourselves and our families. I was able to watch a memorial service streamed online the other day and they did have folks there at the funeral home for the service. Many over the past several months have had to forego a formal service pending the resolution of this pandemic. I saw photos of folks down at the beaches and it appears they were a lot closer together than they should have been. I am hearing from those out and about how the traffic appears to be returning to gridlock during the rush hours which we hope is a good sign that folks are returning to their workplaces. We do know that regardless of what happens, second wave, new wave, or no wave we are in God's hands and He cares and will work according to His perfect will. Amen.

Many talk about how coming out of all of this turned upside-down challenge, it will be good to reshape and overhaul the fundamental structures of our society. When I hear people talking about things like that all kinds of alarms go off. We've already seen how even in crisis mode politicians are angling for their concepts and programs and have held hostage the relief needed by folks harmed by the pandemic. Some of what I have heard about the kinds of things being considered is to establish more state control over all facets of people's lives, the education of their children, and controlling what they can and cannot do. One of the top leaders of the liberal agenda has said what they have in mind is what's best for the American people as they see it, and, if some collateral damage occurs in the process, well, so be it. That collateral damage will most likely impact people of faith, those who hold to the founding principles of our nation, and those who identify themselves as conservatives. My recommendation is that we all be very wary of any of these types of restructuring projects. They may sound good but at what cost to our liberties? Just throwing that out there for us all to consider.

I am not trying to be the proverbial broken record here. (I am old enough to know exactly what is meant by the broken record when the needle on the player would hit a bad spot on the record and it would repeat itself over and over again.) I am just throwing out my responses to what I see showing up each day. We watched a show the other evening that was set in a nursing home where some bad things were happening to some of the residents. One of the older men gave his appreciation of his status. He said when people are young they are thought of in terms of their identity. They are pretty, handsome, witty, intelligent, and so on. He said when you get a little older you are known by your accomplishments and achievements. He then said something that hit me pretty hard. He said when you end up in a nursing facility you suffer the greatest indignity of all, you are invisible. Maybe it's because of my age but I could see the reality of what he was saying. I mentioned to the wife how that program seemed a whole lot more real to me than it would have even a few years ago. Now you know. This is what happens whenever I am allowed to think about what I am thinking about. That may not be good grammar but it makes sense to me. Take care. May God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: