Wednesday, May 13, 2020

“I dream my painting and I paint my dream.” ― Vincent Willem van Gogh

Today. That's the one we can do something about. Yesterday has come and gone. Yesterday's tomorrow is now front and center. It's up to us what we will do with it, on this Wednesday, May 13, 2020. I don't always remember my dreams. I did remember one from the other day in the wee hours of the morning. I was dreaming about trying to take down a large painting on the wall. I had to get onto the desk to get to it. While I was straining to get it I had a crippling cramp in my right calf. Someone asked what was wrong. I told them I had a severe cramp and had to get down to try and deal with it. Here's something that has never happened to me in my life. At the very moment of the dream, I experienced a crippling cramp in my right calf. It was hard as a rock and wouldn't release. I had to get up to deal with it. I really did. It was a bad one! How weird is that? I know what some of you are thinking. Maybe I should have dreamed I had won the lottery and was about to cash in my ticket. That wouldn't work because I don't buy lottery tickets. Power of suggestion? I have no idea about that but I do know that it gave me a slight case of the heebie-jeebies. You do know what I mean, Vern? Right?

I finally upgraded my phone to a new one. Not one of the really fancy ones. But the wife and I both were pretty much back leveled from a galaxy far far away. (No pun intended since mine is a Samsung Galaxy. Hers is an Apple I-Phone 10) Her phone had gone belly up so I ordered new ones last week. You know. Do everything from home. It's easy. No problem. Not so fast. Just follow the onscreen instructions. Right? First of all, for some unknown reason the control information password, etc., would not work on the activation screen. They said to call a number. I did. You can't be on the phone number you are trying to activate on the old phone when trying to activate the new phone. I then went to the computer and logged in and asked for assistance. Long wait due to Covid-19. Finally got someone on the chat and they were asking me to provide information from the new phone settings which I couldn't get to because it wouldn't accept my verification information. They finally made the decision to do the activation from their end. Now I can make and receive phone calls. As for moving the stuff over, I will need some bed rest before I try that one. I was proud of myself for never using the age card. As in, I've fallen and I can't get up. I wasn't too happy with the instructions that said call their number but be sure your phone is off while trying to activate the new phone. Can someone help me with that one?

I guess I needed some color in my face. I would have preferred for it not to have been potted meat purple. Just kidding. The wife walked by and said "Patience honey, patience." I believe the text says tribulation produces patience. Most of the tribulating was on my end, therefore, I can't blame anyone but myself. It's pretty difficult to be hostile with someone sitting who knows where as they try to figure out what in the world you have done to foul things up. I can be like the proverbial fellow standing in front of the microwave begging it to hurry up. I like things where you push one button and it takes care of setting everything up. If only. Right? It sounded really good when I talked with the chat person selling the phones. And, in all fairness, for those who are the right age and having been exposed to all the gadgetry and networking stuff, it may have been a cake walk. Of course, if I told them it was a cake walk they would have no idea what I was talking about. Therein lies the problem my friend. Just in case you didn't know. Okay. Enjoy the rest of your day and may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: