Friday, May 22, 2020

"Heaven help the man who only has thanksgiving once a year." ~ Steve Pease

Good Friday morning on this May 22, 2020. That photo was posted as being children returning to school in France. A lady posted it and people responded with nearly 500 comments. Many were outraged because they believe this type of schooling will be the ruination of our children. Others were angry because they believed it to be a form of brainwashing. The vision of a concentration camp was mentioned several times. Some shed tears as they pointed out the sadness on the faces of the children. I thought it was powerful images. It gives us all something to think about. Sad to think our kids will ever have to be in this type of environment.

Here's something I wrote 12 years ago.  ~ "Why Do We Laugh?"  I’ve written a number of blogs on the value of healthy, hearty laughter. But have you ever wondered why human beings laugh? If you have you are not alone because to be perfectly honest, science has not solved this uniquely human mystery we call laughing. Some of the funniest things to read are articles by the evolutionists giving their views on how and why it may have originated within the human species. How about it mimics the panting of the ape family as one idea? Okay, for those of us who are believers in God’s account of creation, we know that God put together human beings in a way that reflected His own image. Part of that functioning as a human being is being able to process information that causes a response we call laughter. Children actually begin to laugh as early as 3 months and it appears the peak years for exuberant laughter are between 5 and 6 years old. One interesting thing is the admitted fact from the scientific community how little is known about the brain mechanisms that produce laughing. One thing is clear; we all would do well to laugh more, especially as we learn to see the ‘funny’ in the life we are living. The Bible does mention the subject of laughter. There are over forty references but with different meanings and applications. There’s also the biblical concept of joy and rejoicing that are important in this discussion. You cannot read some of the parables Jesus told and not see His wonderful sense of humor. In the end, we should be thankful for God’s design that includes the response of laughter. Laughter is proven in how it can improve your health, lower your stress levels, and even give you a little bit of a workout. Do we serve a great God or what? To be honest I’ve begun to chuckle as I am finishing up this blog. Find something to laugh about and thank God that you can!" ~

Well, folks, I can tell it's time for me to wrap up another week here at the ole blogger show. I thought about mentioning some of the topics we covered this week. None came to mind. That may not be a good thing. You know. It must not be very memorable. Or, it could be that our time together is mostly a rehash of how life unfolds over and over again. According to the experts, the major stages of the human life cycle include pregnancy, infancy, toddler years, childhood, puberty, older adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and senior years. I've been blessed to have participated in every one of those stages and for that I am thankful especially since it is not a privilege afforded to everyone. I am now firmly fixed in the last stage. Of course, for me, and for all those who have been born again by the indwelling Holy Spirit, our life will continue on in the presence of our Savior when we close our eyes in death. Looking at those identified stages, I have touched some on my childhood but the overwhelming majority of my time has been spent dealing with adulthood going forward. I suppose that's where the so-called rubber meets the road in my life and it's the stuff I remember most vividly. I probably used up my welcome a long time ago but I am still sharing since I haven't found the exit sign yet. Either that or the bulb is out. In more ways than one. Have a great Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday and I will do my best to show up for our next visit. Until then, may God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: