Tuesday, August 20, 2019

We made it!

Highway coming into Raton, New Mexico. Nice!
Good morning folks. I hope everyone is doing well on this Tuesday, August 20, 2019. We made excellent time from Plano, TX to Trinidad, CO. It is right at 600 miles. We left around 5:45 a.m. and arrived at around 4 p.m. That included a number of rest stops including lunch at the famous Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo, TX. That's the one where you get a free 72 ounce steak if you consume it within a specified period of time. As for the small steaks we had, I give it a barely satisfactory rating. My take. I think we have around 60 degrees this morning which is a whole lot better than what I have been experiencing back in The Woodlands. We are supposed to do better later in the week with some mid to low 40"s when we get to Taos, New Mexico.

I will add one caveat to an otherwise wonderful trip. While I am not too much inclined to conspiracy theories, I do believe there should be an immediate investigation at the highest levels within our government into the prolific use of construction cones throughout the fruited plains. I don't care if you are on the interstate, the feeders, the side roads, and even the George W. Bush Turnpike, there is something sinister going on here. I do not think they can replicate on their on, but, folks, my question is: How long before they actually take over our country? I'm beginning to see them in my sleep.

And, there I was, thinking the Slow Men Working signs were the most honest signs around. Now I'm really trying to decide what they are trying to do with all of these obstacles. Are they trying to keep us all worked up for some clandestine reason? I report. I decide. You can too. Take care and enjoy your day. May God bless each one. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: