Friday, August 2, 2019

"Our minds work like a garden. It is fertile ground that accepts any and everything we plant. Good or evil, constructive or destructive, our lives will bear the fruit of the seeds we plant in our minds." ~ Iyanla Vanzant

Made it. Another Friday has dawned. This one finds itself tagged as August 2, 2019. I suppose it might have been better for me to not have mentioned the just-in-time-rains. Seems like August has come in with a vengeance bent on seeing how sweltering the heat can be. That's to be expected, but, having a better time of it in May, June, and July, well, it didn't really prepare us for how quickly it can become hotter than a pepper sprout. Someone said it was so hot the Jehovah Witnesses had turned to telemarketing instead of door to door. Of course, we can always take refuge in the old, it's not the heat, it's the humidity saying. Probably won't help but it's likely better than the one saying it's hotter than a billy goat with a blowtorch. I tried to remember some of those from when I was a kid. I couldn't bring one up and it might be because being hot was a condition of it being in the summertime. We didn't have air conditioning and saying much about it was not going to change the reality of the situation. I well remember it being too hot to sleep especially on one of those hot, humid, nights with no air moving. It's a wonder we made it, but, obviously, I did, or, a facsimile thereof.

For our flashback today, I've chosen a snippet from the blog I wrote back in early August 2007. ~ Whatever You Do, Do It Heartily, As Unto The Lord! There’s far too many of us who just drag through the day. Setting aside those who have medical conditions and other limitations, many come into the workplace every day looking forward to leaving. I like to be excited and excitable because when you think about it, this is the only day we have for sure, and we need to make the best of it. That doesn’t mean an outlandish show but it is like the children’s song when it talks about if you’re happy and you know it then your life will surely show it. If we are committed to what we are doing and grateful for the opportunity to be able to do what we are doing, then our attitudes and actions should demonstrate it. I had a round table in my big office in the big company. One day I was talking to my first line managers about changing their perspective and viewpoint. I climbed up on this round table to illustrate the need we all have in seeing things from a different position. This was very illustrative but I had one problem. I was on the table standing in the middle but getting off the table was an entirely different matter. Eventually, a couple of the guys helped me down but this is what I mean when I say we need to put something into our day that makes a positive statement. ~

Another week has come and gone here at The Home Office. I haven't counted the different topics I've slammed onto the electronic page over the past five days, but, my guess is they pretty much are all over the place. They used to call it scatter-brained but I'm almost certain that's been outlawed today. Maybe it could be better called a variety rich treasure trove. Don't look that up. I'm certain it's not a correct term, but, it's the one that came to mind. I am getting another round of the 'I've been hacked' notifications from folks on Facebook. The last go-round, it was discovered that people thought they had been hacked but it turned out to be a hoax. I can't be sure why anyone would want other folks to think they had been hacked when they haven't been hacked but since they think they have they start telling everyone to not accept any friend requests from them. It's hard to believe the person or persons perpetrating these types of schemes derive anything at all from them except the knowledge they had caused some folks some concern and angst. Messed up if you ask me. Think about it. If someone hacked my stuff, we might all get better material. Something to think about. Thanks for showing up this week and may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: