Wednesday, August 21, 2019

"I love the feeling of the fresh air on my face and the wind blowing through my hair." ~ Evel Knievel

Highway 12, Scenic Route
Good morning folks. It's Wednesday, August 21, 2019. We will be boarding the all day train excursion up into the mountains around 9:30 a.m. this morning. I've written quite a bit about my days of train riding as a kid growing up. I told the wife how I can so remember when the porter would come into the coach with his metal container. He had small bottle cokes packed in ice. For a dime I could have a coke that tasted better than any coke I had ever had. That would have been in the late 50s and early 60s. I know today's train ride is a 'tourist' attraction, therefore, I have no expectations for it to be like it was back then. We will be having brunch in the club car on the train. Yesterday, we made our way from Trinidad to Alamosa. I chose to take the slow road on a recognized scenic route. I think this is the same one we took many years ago when I came into this area for one reason only: To catch a breath of fresh air. In fact, the wife drove the car on the scenic highway with moon roof open and I stood up taking videos with our old camcorder. The temps were in the 40s and it was just what I needed, breathtaking. Yesterday didn't disappoint. Why? God. His creation.

I assume we will be riding in the silver car.
We just missed the lower temps in Trinidad, but, we caught up with some glorious temps here in Alamosa. It is a crisp 50 degrees as I write today's visit. That popular song from a number of years, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for", well, that's not my song. I actually like that song by Celtic Thunder. I never heard it from the original group. That song talks about no matter what this guy pursued including religion, he was still unable to find what he was looking for. Sounds almost like Solomon's testimony as found in the writing of the Old Testament Book of Ecclesiastes. What the guy who wrote the song needed was a finding of Jesus as his Lord and Savior, then, he could have had a 'new song'. Just sayin, as they say. Some have mentioned that most of the hotels have a little coffee maker in the room. Even my wife reminded me of this. I'm not going to belabor the issue but will only say this about that: I never carry food coloring with me to make the stuff they put in their little machines look like 'real' coffee. Enough said.

We are on a getaway but not from our walk with our Lord. The wife has been focused on studying her Bible study material. I have been reading the letter the Apostle Paul wrote to the Ephesians. (Remember, it is a letter, therefore, it's best read in its entirety as a letter.) That's the next portion of God's Word we will be covering in our Sunday morning Bible study time. I have always believed the first portion of Ephesians, (Chapter One), to be some of the most profound truths in all of God's Word. The Apostle Paul indicated he got this through revelation. I would think so! Please don't ask me to explain it because I'm blown away by it just like everyone else. I will tell us all this. Some parts of our Bibles puts us on our faces before The God who chose to save us. We are in awe. This is where we embrace with joyful fear and trembling truths too precious for us to comprehend. Simply Amazing. Read it for yourself and let me know what you think. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: