Wednesday, May 16, 2018

We give God the praise and glory, for He alone is worthy. Amen.

Good morning and welcome to Wednesday, May 16, 2018. Yesterday was some day. Our twelve-year-old grandson Alex had a heart cath and then an ablation procedure completed in the Houston downtown medical center. I was the first one there. I made it to the pediatric surgical registration at 5:15 a.m. Alex was supposed to be there by 5:30 a.m. He made it just a few minutes after that time. He was wound up pretty tight when he got there. We talked and I gave him the assurances I could as his grandfather. Before they took him back, I was able to share a brief prayer with him. I did my best to keep my composure because he was already in a heightened state. Good news. He was in surgery for nearly six hours and they were able to complete the heart ablation and his heart should now beat more normally. He may have to be on medication as well. We had many family members, Church members, and others who were interceding with the Lord on behalf of our Alex. That's very humbling. We do give God the praise for He alone is worthy. The photo shows our Alex at different ages. Our grandchildren are very special to us, but, I think you knew that already.  Amen.

Being there for many hours in the designated pediatric waiting area, we saw many children. Some were special needs and their caregivers had their hands full taking care of them. Some had all kinds of tubes and wires and equipment connected to them. My heart went out to each of them. The wife commented that seeing them made one count their blessings. Another lady said it did cause one to alter their perception. The lady who was shepherding us through the process was very nice. In visiting with her, I gave her one of our Santa and Mrs. Claus cards as a souvenir. She was excited to get it. She had coordinated the Christmas party last year for the pediatric wing and she said she scrambled to find a Santa to come in. I told her we would be interested in something like that. When we got into this portrayal game we had in mind being able to minister to children in need and maybe this will help to open a door to an even wider audience. The opportunities we have had to be Santa to children with special needs have all been wonderful blessings.

Today I am dragging a little. A long day yesterday. And, today, I get to go for my annual physical. This means no coffee and no food. Fasting. The food is no big deal. The coffee. Don't even talk about it! My appointment is not until after 9 a.m., and for me, as an early riser, well, even as I type this paragraph, it's nearly 5 hours away. I should have slept in. Too late for that now. My Keurig just sits there looking at me wondering what in the world is going on. It usually is in non-stop coffee making mode, but, not this morning. Sorry. I promise to make it up to you later. The wife volunteered to go with me to the doctor. I told her I didn't think that would be necessary. She wants to make sure that I cover all the bases. I know what I will do. I will make a list and check it twice. That way I will be sure and make my time with my doctor as productive as possible. They will draw blood and I'm supposed to get a new Shingles vaccine. I'm sitting here trying to figure out where I can stop on the way back to work to get a 'real' cup of coffee. Please don't mention the fast food joints. I've been there and done that. I might just drop by the house and get me a cup of Community. That will be like a reward for being a good boy. Or, something like that. I do hope everyone has a great rest of the day and yes, it's okay for you to pray for my doctor. It wouldn't be the first time folks have suggested that. I wonder why? May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: