Wednesday, May 2, 2018

I know my time is running out, but, I've still not decided what I want to be when I grow up.

Good morning. Welcome to Wednesday, May 2, 2018. Most of you are likely familiar with that old saying, "What goes around comes around." I'm not sure this one fits that slogan, but, if not, it is close. When our boys were growing up, the wife and I both sang in the choir at Church. I was big on them behaving appropriately and even more so in the house of the Lord. If I saw them getting out of line while I was in choir, all I could do was to develop my laser-like staring techniques to warn them of the doom that would soon befall them. Those stare downs along with some motions from time to time became well known within our community of believers. The friends of our boys would joke about never wanting to be in the line of fire when the stares were being poured out. They did not want to end up being collateral damage. This was somewhat of a joke. Back then. Fast forward forty plus years. Now the wife is in our choir. She wants to make sure I am functioning correctly in my pew. She communicates with me using some shoulder action, hand motions, and yes, the stares as well. This past Sunday she was trying to let me know that she had sent me a message I needed to read. I didn't know what she was indicating. I patted my hair. I straightened my glasses. I buttoned my suit coat. I tried to look alert. (She has mentioned that I doze off occasionally.)  Finally, I figured it out, took out my cell phone and read where she had something to do immediately following services. Haven't I made it clear over the years? It really is true. The more things change, it is the more they stay the same.

I am not planning a trip to India anytime soon. Somehow and in some way, I have been identified as a potential for all things India. These show up in my email inbox. Do I want to do commerce in India? Would I like an American Express Card issued in India? Would I like to purchase this or that item from India? I'm trying to figure out what I clicked on that caused this onslaught. I've also learned that it is better to delete them than to try and stop them. If you try and stop them that means you respond. If you respond, they interpret that as interest and suddenly you get even more unsolicited offers. There are 23 sister city relationships between India and certain municipalities here in the United States. I don't think I've somehow executed any of those connections. I do know it doesn't take much. I will admit that I enjoy watching travel vlogs. That's where someone makes videos when they travel to places all over the world. I can't remember watching any that pertained to India, however, I could have watched one that was watched by someone from India. Right now, I will keep on deleting because, to be honest, I really don't care how well the Rupee is doing against the Dollar. Maybe I could send them this message (it's Please Stop in Hindi): बंद करो. 

The answer is no. I am not able to get large quantity discounts on curry powder, so, please refrain from asking.  I amaze myself at times in all the different situations I can get into. It can happen to others as well. I read about an American businessman working in China. He arranged a meeting with a fellow from Germany to discuss a potential venture. He went to the hotel. The fellow was on his way down on the elevator. When the door opened only one fellow looked like he might be European so they shook hands and went to a sitting area to visit. The fellow had a heavy accent. After about 30 minutes they discovered that both of them were meeting someone about a potential business deal, but, they had missed their rightful person. Sounds like something I might do. Or, have done. Or, might do in the future. There was this guy who had a very Jewish sounding surname. He wasn't Jewish, in fact, he and his family were Catholic. He and his wife were attending a party in Houston. After mingling for a while, one fellow came up to him and asked had he been to temple yet. Not getting his meaning, he replied, "I passed through it one time on my way from Austin." (Temple, Texas) Sounds like something I might do. Or, have done. Or, might do in the future. See? There you were thinking what an easy life I have. Think again! Just joking around. Enjoy the rest of the day and remember to thank God for something as simple as the next breath you take. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: