Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I'm back, and I do think I am ready. But, I'll let you be the judge of that.

We have returned to the scene. It's Tuesday, May 29, 2018, and we are back at it, here at the ole blogger ranch. The other day I used my grandfather's assessment of what he thought of when we kids slept later than he thought we should, he said we were "All laid up like a bunch of dogs." My eldest son sent me a note about how that my father-in-law reacted to having a whole bunch of grandsons visiting in their home during the summer school break. He said this about his grandpa, "Pawpaw Rawles waded through a sea of grandsons in pallets and sleeping bags on the living room floor at about 6 a.m. "You better get up or the sun’s gonna warp you." While I have heard that story many times that's the first time I've heard that saying. And, I do like it. That's why I shared it with you today. By the time he walked through that room to rouse them he had already banged pots and pans in the kitchen trying to get their attention. Old school all the way. I readily identify with it. My grandfather was the same way. Dark and night are for sleeping. Daylight is for getting up and getting with it. It didn't matter whether it was working in the garden, mowing the yard, or leaving to go hunting. Being up and ready was not a requested action, it was a requirement. I told my son that while they all were irritated at the time, it is now a treasured memory. I wasn't there and I didn't see it, but, I love to hear them talk about it and I now have his saying to treasure also.

The mainstream media is no longer dripping with hypocrisy. They have opened up a fire hydrant and it is flooding every newscast. The independent counsel investigating the Trump campaign and his administration has been deemed untouchable, beyond reproach, and a constitutional necessity if we are to survive as a functioning representative democracy/republic. Really? Rewind the tape back to when Kenneth Starr had the same role and was investigating President Clinton. Go to YouTube or just Google the news spot videos from that sordid episode in our history. Judge Starr was known as a straight arrow with an impeccable reputation. That is until he was appointed to investigate the Clintons. These outlets demanding that Mueller is protected called Starr's work a witchhunt. They cast all manners of aspersions on his motives. They called him a pervert. And, here's something that is key. Back then, just like today, they all read from the same talking points. Mr. Mueller may be an honorable person. But, may we all just think about this for a moment. What is the difference between back then and now? Oh, I get it. It has to do with 'who' is being investigated. We no longer have a free and independent press. They are partisan. They have, in many ways, proven themselves to be untrustworthy. If Trump and his crew have done things that should be exposed and dealt with, so be it. But, one more time, if the mainstream media are who they claim to be as fair and independent arbiters of truth, then what is the difference between Mueller's investigation and the way they treated Judge Starr?

As we know, the President has a knack for creating lots of blowback from the words he uses. The other day he said MS13 gang criminals were not human, they are animals. The heinous acts of the ones he was referring to were as reprehensible and repulsive as anyone could imagine. Many on the left side of the spectrum were outraged that he had called these people animals. They began to pontificate how that all people were God's children. The House Democratic Leader even went as far as to say the people called animals had a divine spark in their being. Sadly, she doesn't have the same respect for the 54 million babies that have been aborted/killed since the 1973 Roe Versus Wade ruling by our Supreme Court. Challenged on this very issue some time ago, she, as a committed abortion rights supporter, said it was not her business to make those types of philosophical assessments. Those MS13 divine spark folks she mentioned were guilty of rape, pillage, and mayhem with no respect for their victim's ages or sex. One reason some are so strong on open borders to allow unfettered immigration is due to the fact that we've killed off so many of our offspring, therefore, we aren't producing enough children to replace our generation. To keep the system working we have to have people. I know many of you tuned me out when I began talking about political matters. That's okay. That's your choice. I'm just sharing my throwdown assessment of what I see unfolding before our very eyes. Yep. That would be correct. You don't see anything if you have your head stuck down in the sand. In case you missed it, I'm not in favor of that approach. Take care. Enjoy your day. Stay alert. And, may God bless us all is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: