Wednesday, January 13, 2016

“Where does your security lie? Is God your refuge, your hiding place, your stronghold, your shepherd, your counselor, your friend, your redeemer, your saviour, your guide? If He is, you don't need to search any further for security.” ― Elisabeth Elliot, Christian Author and Speaker, (1926-2015)

Here we go again. It's Wednesday, January 13, 2015 and I hope today's little episode finds everyone up and at em. We have a home security system. We don't have any cameras but we do have electronic surveillance and reporting. The wife gets all the messages texted to her phone when the alarm system is turned on or off or if it were to be breached. I had forgotten that. She asked me one day if I was getting plenty of sleep. I told her that I thought I was doing okay. She was out of town. She added that she had noticed I set the alarm system around 8 p.m., so she thought I had gone to bed early. She is now into deductive reasoning. I knew we should have not watched all those Sherlock Holmes episodes. I told her I set the alarm early because she wasn't at home to be going in and out of the garage door to the washer and dryer. It did not mean I had gone to bed at 8 p.m. which is what she had implied. While I do go to bed earlier when she is away it typically is not at 8 p.m. And, oh by the way, since she did ask, I have been sleeping pretty well and I don't need a text message to my phone to verify that. She really gets a kick out of it when I tell her how much I enjoyed the program we have been watching on TV.  She likes to say that is hard for her to fathom since I only caught bits and pieces of it. See, she actually thinks I was nodding off. Maybe she should think again: I may have been listening with my eyes closed. Oh yeah, but that wouldn't account for the snoring. I need to do a little more research on that one before I give my final answer.

I couldn't resist sharing this cartoon with you. I know. I am predisposed to pick up on stuff that relate to my alter ego, the Jolly Man himself. I see a lot of connections on Facebook that I can't for the life figure out how this person would know this other person. The other day I noticed a response from someone on our youngest son's Facebook posting. I took note of the fact that the person who responded happened to be Facebook friends with a fellow I worked with at the same big company for over twenty years. This seemed incredible to me. I talked to my youngest and asked how he would know someone that knew the person I had worked with for so many years. He said it was simple enough. The one who responded to his posting are the parents of a fellow he hung out with as a teenager. He and that buddy along with several others had themselves a makeshift band in the parents garage. The fellow I worked with lives just down the street from the garage where they practiced and being neighbors that's likely how they know each other. He added the fellow I worked with was likely some of the neighbors who called the police when they played their music too loud. It's a small world after all, but, I'm sure you've heard that one before.

I remember when we were kids we used to think it funny for our grandfather, Paw Paw Mac, to so easily doze off while sitting in his chair. He would be talking one minute and gone the next. I've dozed off a few times when the kids and their kids were at the house. Everyone was sitting around laughing and talking and next thing they knew I was out like a turned off light. When I came to one of the crew typically asked if I had enjoyed my nap. What have I told you before? What goes around comes around but even more than that, the more things change it is the more they stay the same. I don't think any of us kids were brave enough to say anything to Paw Paw but that didn't mean we didn't see it as being amusing. Now I have become the amusing one. It's not easy work folks. Here at the job place I sit in a secretarial chair because it suits me and it supports my back. One day during the lunch break I was listening to some rain playing on the internet and I dozed off. Next thing I knew I was on the floor. I had fallen right out of my chair. All I could say is: Thank you Lord that everyone was gone and I wasn't privileged to entertain any of those that work with me. I will tell you this. It doesn't take that long to wake up once you hit the floor. They do say experience is the best teacher. What's that? You are still glad you are not me? See what I mean? I'd probably feel the same way but I'm afraid it's a little late for that. Have a most wonderful rest of the day and if you do doze off try to stay in your chair. It works better that way. May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: