Monday, January 11, 2016

“Not being you kills the you in you.” ― Aniekee Tochukwu, Philosopher and Philanthropist

Me and Jack, we've got our own thing going!
Good morning and welcome. It's back to work Monday, January 11, 2015, and I do hope you are ready for the day before us. As everyone pretty much knows I do have folks that see me and think of someone else. I get it a lot. "Hello Santa, how are you today?" I've actually gotten used to it. My wife thinks I really enjoy people seeing Santa in me. Last Thursday I was off doing my thing for the Company and I was at one of the big box home improvement stores. I was working with a fellow who was assisting in placing a sizable order for insulation. Suddenly a fellow at the checkout register hollered out. "Look who it is." He was pointing at me. I meekly shook my head in acknowledgement. He was telling the clerk, "It's Jack off that Gold Rush program." Who? Jack? What in the world is going on here? Instead of feeling a ho ho ho coming on, it was more of a what what what? He then added the clincher, "Sorry Sir, but you must get that all the time." I have seen that Gold Rush program when I was clicking through but really had never paid any attention to it. That evening I was talking with someone at our great grand's little party and when I told about what had happened he slapped his forehead and said, "That guy was right. You do look like Jack. Why have I not made that connection?" He then found the 'Jack' on his smartphone and showed me his photo. His name is Jack Hoffman and I learned he is one of the main characters on the program. I guess Paw Paw was right. You do learn something new everyday.

The other day while driving down the road I was listening to a radio program that featured many religious leaders talking about the need for all religions in our nation to come together in supporting peace loving immigrants and in particular Muslims. The program was about tolerance and love. One of the Protestant leaders said there exists a particular group within our nation who take the Bible more literally, therefore, he said this group really does believe that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and no one goes to heaven unless they go through Him. (Gospel of John, Chapter 14) He said he had sympathy for these people and that he admired their dedication to their understanding of the faith. He added that much needed to be done to help this group to moderate their mindset regarding the beliefs of others. The lady hosting the program couldn't contain herself. She angrily blurted out how these narrow minded people who believe like that are the problem. They are unable to entertain or accept other beliefs causing them to be intolerant and an obstacle to the peaceful coexistence of all belief systems. I suppose I am one of the problem people. I do believe that Jesus is exactly who He said He is. However, I do not believe that would keep me from supporting people being able to live in peace even though I reject the religion they embrace. My point is how that more and more anyone who is identified as being serious about their new born status in Christ is considered in our modern society to be a problem and an obstacle. Something for us all to think about.

I know. I, at times, seem fixated on serious stuff. Life is serious. Just look around at the world we live in. I thought the current occupant of the Oval Office was supposed to clear up all the issues that were caused by others. He's now into his 8th year and I don't know about you but if they have been solved then I need someone to wake me up from the nightmare I must be dreaming. Just in the last few days we've seen the stock market off to its worse start in history. There's currently a new escalation in the Middle East, (Saudi Arabia versus Iran), that could essentially explode at any moment. During these two terms in office I can't remember more turmoil than that which currently exists. The price of oil has plummeted and is now considered to be a major crisis. Russia now feels emboldened to return to their cold war ways. The administration touts all their accomplishments while the majority of Americans polled seem to be too dumb to recognize them. That's the world we live in. Sure. I am aware that we need some comic relief now and then. Here's one for you, "What did the mommy bee say to her baby bee? BEE HIVE yourself!" ~ There's two fish in a tank when one says to the other, "Hey, how do you drive this thing?" ~ One fellow told his buddy that he slept like a log last night. He added that he woke up in the fireplace. ~ A truck load of tortoises collided with a trainload of terrapins. It was reported that it was a turtle disaster. ~ Okay. I've given you the half empty half full run down for today but do know that those of us who are classified as dangerous take God at His Word believing folks are trusting Him for the future. I would highly recommend this to anyone. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: