Friday, January 8, 2016

Tomorrow is our day to think about our version of the Brady Bunch. Our Brady. It's his 10th birthday!

It's Friday, January 8, 2015, and tomorrow will be our Brady Darrell's 10th birthday. He is the last of the eleven grandchildren, (excluding our 6 year old great grand Madi), to move into double digits. Time is moving on. Brady is the youngest of our youngest Rodney and wife Mitzi. Most everyone knows Rodney as being pretty much a character to be remembered when he was a kid. Brady is following in that same tradition. He has a variety of interests from hunting to participating in sports. I understand he has the Hover Board pretty much figured out. I did see a brief video where he was riding it forth and back while eating some fried rice. Sounds a lot like our Rod. Have a great birthday Brady and know that we love you very much. MiMi and Poppy.

Welcome one and all. I may have dropped a few readers after my thoughts on the endless 2nd Amendment stuff. That's okay. I support anyone at any time choosing to read whatever it is they want to read. Or not read. Period. While I am at it I continue to be surprised by the number of ministers of the Gospel who participate in so much inflammatory dialogue dealing with political matters. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem in a minister who has deeply held convictions about our nation and her need to honor God. However, some of the stuff on Facebook posted by these men of God reads like the punch lines from the 'You might be a Redneck' series. Just me, but I would think it would be better to find ways to share Christ or build up others in the faith than to participate in what often comes across as language based on the lowest common denominator. No. I'm not in the business of telling others what they can and cannot say. However, it bothers me when I see stuff like that and I often share things that bother me in this forum. I'll put it this way. I don't come away with a positive feeling about some of the stuff I see. Again, just me, and I am unanimous in my own opinion, if in nothing else.

I better back off or I will have to add my own name to the distribution list just to make sure at least one person gets my blog each day. I suppose everyone is adept at spotting hypocrisy. A fellow I worked with many years ago told me about his upbringing in rural Alabama. He said the pastor where they attended Church repeatedly gave out a steady chain of sins that would send one to hell. He said that pastor would nearly collapse in the pulpit from getting so heated up and red faced along with the huge belly he carried. After years of that kind of stuff he said he had had enough. When he went off to college he swore off that type of so called preaching. (Sadly, he became a part of a religious practice that offers very little in terms of Bible truth.) I heard about one pastor when asked about his very large belly and he offered this explanation, "I suppose it more or less snacked up on me." I think what my former business associate was pointing out was this loud and boisterous preaching of self restraint and discipline in others while the one preaching carried with him a huge blind spot in showing the same in his personal life. You will likely never hear a sermon on gluttony but you will hear many that deal with self discipline. These disconnects turn some people off. We all have them. You know what I am talking about. Jesus in His parable advised the fellow trying to get the tiny splinter out of his neighbor's eye to first deal with the huge timber sticking out of his own eye. (Matthew 7:3-5) My point? Be careful how loudly you proclaim something until you've dealt with your own obvious flaws. Others see them. They see yours and they see mine. I guarantee they do. Enough already for one day and even for one week. Enjoy your Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday and I will do my best to see you, come next week. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: