Tuesday, January 19, 2016

"And if I go and make ready a place for you, I will come again and take you to be with me, so that where I am you may be too." ~ John 14:3, NET Bible

Good morning and welcome. It's Tuesday, January 19, 2016, and I'm in somewhat of a contemplative mood to start off today's session. Our dear Bro. Milton is continuing to get weaker and weaker. This is consistent with the disease that has invaded his body. The other day someone asked me about him and I told them that he was just waiting on his ride. They asked if he was being moved to another location. I told them he sure is being relocated because the ride he's waiting on is the one that will usher him into presence of the Living Lord of the universe. We don't know just how that transportation works but we do remember the way our Lord described it when he talked about the death of the poor man from Luke Chapter 16: "Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom;..." (verse 22) I thought about Bro. Milton's love for Southern Gospel music and the rousing chorus to this song came to my mind: "Oh yes I'm moving, moving, moving, moving Moving up to gloryland Oh yes I'm moving, moving, moving, moving Holding to His nail-scarred hands Don't know when I'm leaving but I'm ready to go When I get to heaven I'll be welcome I know Oh yes I'm moving, moving, moving, moving Moving up to gloryland" And so many others come to mind as well. This is one I also thought about that expresses the inexpressible glory that awaits him: "What a day that will be, When my Jesus I shall see, And I look upon His face, The One who saved me by His grace; When He takes me by the hand, And leads me through the Promised Land, What a day, glorious day that will be." Amen and Amen!

I've heard a few express some perplexed thoughts about how such a wonderful servant of the Lord would have to deal with the kind of challenge Bro. Milton is continuing to face. I suppose the 'why' questions are always only answered for certain through the eyes of faith. I will tell you this. Reading Facebook postings from men of God, literally from all over the world, pretty much makes it clear that those who serve the Lord and their families still live in a fallen world and are often subjected to many trials even as they go about the work God has called them to do. Bro. Milton's testimony of God's faithfulness to him and his assurance of God's certain and sure promises help also to answer this question. There are native pastors languishing in prisons because of their unwillingness to cease their preaching of the Gospel. There are missionaries who have lost children due to illnesses contracted on the field. I could say some words to try and comfort but the only true source of understanding and peace comes from God. I'm not ducking the question, just telling other fellow beggars where I've found food. Most of you know that I use a lot of songs. Here's my final one for today, and may God add His blessings to us all. Amen. .....More later.

Bow the Knee - Chris Machen

There are moments on our journey following the Lord
Where God illumines ev'ry step we take.
There are times when circumstances make perfect sense to us,
As we try to understand each move He makes.
When the path grows dim and our questions have no answers, turn to Him.

Bow the knee;
Trust the heart of your Father when the answer goes beyond what you can see.
Bow the knee;
Lift your eyes toward heaven and believe the One who holds eternity.
And when you don't understand the purpose of His plan,
In the presence of the King, bow the knee.

There are days when clouds surround us, and the rain begins to fall,
The cold and lonely winds won't cease to blow.
And there seems to be no reason for the suffering we feel;
We are tempted to believe God does not know.
When the storms arise, don't forget we live by faith and not by sight.

Bow the knee;
Trust the heart of your Father when the answer goes beyond what you can see.
Bow the knee;
Lift your eyes toward heaven and believe the One who holds eternity.
And when you don't understand the purpose of His plan,
In the presence of the King, bow the knee.

Here's a link if you would like to hear it sung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYhtMX6wcQI

No comments: