Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy 18th to our Kyleigh!

Welcome back. It is a Monday. And, I welcome you to this March 18, 2013 session. This past Saturday was the 18th birthday of our granddaughter Kyleigh. On her special day, she along with her siblings and cousins were actually finishing up on a cruise with our daughter-in-law Mitzi's parents. Kyleigh will be graduating from high school this year and is already making her plans for college. It's obvious that she is a beautiful young lady and we thank God for His providing us the opportunity to be a part of her life. Kyleigh is goal oriented and we so look forward to all that God has planned for her life. Happy birthday Sweetie. You should have our card awaiting your return. May God bless you, on your important 18th birthday. Love, MiMi and Poppy


While this will not be news to most of you, I will again state for the record that I am not in favor of the majority of this current administration's viewpoints or policies. I put this most recent presidential election map up as a way of reminding us all that while the electoral votes based on major population centers went the President's way, the red states are still there, and they voted in opposition. Why does this matter? It matters because of how folks claim a mandate based on the election results. The President rightfully says that he won but then he enlarges that to mean he should get his agenda rubber stamped. However, the country voted for a divided government. The US House retained Republican control. Using the President's own theory, the House can claim they too have a mandate in opposition to his vision and plans. All I can tell you is there is a lot of red on that map. It cannot be ignored. That's why I believe the agenda has to take this map into consideration. They don't see it that way, but I do. So there you have it. In your face and all of that. My little point of view coming straight at you on this Monday morning.

Corrections: I typically recheck my fact checking and I discovered that when I reported some 40 White House Staffers owed back federal taxes, I said it was for an average of $330,000 each. It should said it was for a total for the entire group of $330,000. That is a huge difference in the amount, but I still contend that these folks should be held accountable. It was my mistake and I wanted to set the record straight. I also had a good friend who checked out that anti-semitic slogan on the buses in San Francisco. It seems the organization who put those up were actually attempting to connect Islam and terrorism to the hate speech they featured. It was not an actual statement by those who hate the Jews. If anything, it was those wanting to connect such hateful speech to those who are aligned against the policies of the Jewish state. While they might believe this to be justified, it is as wrong as it would be for those who would post such a statement out of hate. Obviously I need to do a better job on my fact checking.

I will tell you this, these birthdays help explain what I see when I look into the mirror. I hate to say this but lately when I see my reflection, I, at times, have been prone to wonder who it is. Don't even go there. It's way too late for a straight jacket. I'm just saying that we all age but mine seems to have been hiding in the bushes and now suddenly he wants to make himself fully known.  My response to that elderly gentleman staring back at me: "I'm sure those wrinkles were well earned, Sir." And, that leads me to my little story for today. ~ A little girl is sitting on her grandpa's lap and studying the wrinkles on his old face. She gets up the nerve to rub her fingers over the wrinkles. Then she touches her own face and looks more puzzled. Finally the little girl asks, "Grandpa, did God make you?" "He sure did honey, a long time ago," replies her grandpa."Well, did God make me?" asks the little girl."Yes, He did, and that wasn't too long ago," answers her grandpa."Boy," says the little girl, "He's sure doing a lot better job these days isn't He?" ~ That He is sweetie, that He is! I suppose it's best that we all get out there and see if we can well earn some more. Have a good one and may God bless y'all. You hear? Amen.   ...More later.

No comments: