Thursday, December 27, 2012

"There's three stages in a person's life. First, he believes in Santa. Secondly, he doesn't believe in Santa. Lastly, he is Santa." --Donald Guthrie


Hello out there in the post Christmas world where shoppers are busy taking stuff back or grabbing for those clearance sales where they pay a fraction of what they previously paid just a few days ago. It is Thursday, December 27, 2012, and I do bid you welcome once again. The photo is of yours truly with our great granddaughter Madelyn Joy. She will soon be three. We thank God for the opportunity to share our traditions and beliefs with those who will both carry our name and our convictions into the future. I've heard of people who immediately do their shopping for next year during the post Christmas sales. I've also heard of some who did that but misplaced the gifts, or some of them went bad, or they forgot what gift was for which person. I know of one lady at the mall who will be glad the season is over. I saw her a couple of times this past week. She was wearing one of those Santa looking hats but it had the little wiggly wires on it that moved forth and back. She worked at a place that sold cookies. They obviously were under the gun. Her hat was continuously happy but she just couldn't catch up with it. She had this grimace permanently affixed to her face. Maybe she was shorthanded. Maybe she was a little old to be under so much pressure. Can't be sure but I am happy she will no longer be having to wear a happy hat.

Our family celebration was great but I kind of know how she felt. We had put so much into the planning and preparation. When it came time for me to cook the steaks there was a gale force wind blowing. This required a lot of care and attention to the charcoal and I'm sure I had a grimace here and there, but, somehow and in some way they all actually turned out okay. I was ready to wear my happy hat again. Let's all try to wear one.....TODAY! See you next time and may God bless. Amen.   More later.

No comments: