Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm somewhat like the crawfish, at times I mostly travel backwards to see where I've been without paying too much attention as to where I am headed.

Today marks five years of keyboard abuse in pursuit of my little corner of the blogosphere. Don't look that word up because you've probably noticed that I do make a word up now and then. I know that one did not originate with me but it's likely not in the dictionary, yet. Five years and now some 1270 episodes documented in the archive. That sounds rather official, doesn't it? It has been my pleasure to participate in this endeavor and I sincerely thank those who have hung in there with me. As I do from time to time, I want to share my very first blog written five years ago. This is where it all began.

First Blog written on Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Published on Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Well, it took me over sixty years to get here and as Yogi Berra reportedly said, "You sure can observe a lot just by watching". That observation stuff, however, can be both good and bad especially if you are determined not to revise any of it, that is, if that's possible since reflections and memories over time tend to take on a life of their own as they all become fused together. Some days it's "Wow, I can't believe the life I have enjoyed!", while another day might be, "Hey, I'm not sure I can make one more day!". This is how it works in the so-called real world and we have trouble because the roller coaster ride can start without notice at anytime even right smack in the middle of one of those really great days and suddenly you find your heart pounding and breath interrupted by the crashing ride. Okay, maybe not quite that dramatic but with age, maturity, family, more family, relationships, issues, challenges, and chaos all around, it can be quite daunting.

However, I call this blog The View From Here because when it's all said and done, it's the way I see it. You most likely see it differently but that's what blogging is all about. We can speak from our viewpoint, our way of interpreting all the things we have to deal with, and in general, the viewfinder through which we see the world, and especially our world.

One final thought in this opening monologue: I know that without God as the foundation of my life through my identity with His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, there would be little hope in all the ups and downs encountered in this journey called life
.

I know what you are thinking. What happened to the short and sweet? Hey. We all had to start somewhere. That first blog still had training wheels on it. Again, thanks to so many of you for keeping up with me these past five years. I have enjoyed it and leave you with this prayer: May God continue to bless us all as we seek to honor Him with the life He has given to us. Amen.   ....More later. 


No comments: