Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Having a five star or better put: Five green gummies in one pack kind of day!

Good Tuesday morning and I bid you welcome on this May 22, 2012. Occasionally, I land on one of those blogs supposedly written by the pet in the house. They are usually dogs or cats observing life, the family, and all the stuff that happens to them each day. Cute. I suppose. But since I am not into pets there's not too much appeal to me in those types of blogs. However, I do enjoy observing the cleverness of those who are good at using this device as a means of conveying information. I would think this would be tiresome over time but then again, when it comes to wearied writing, look who's talking? When I write I sometimes think of myself as a confused ventriloquist. Confused because I can't figure out if I am the one doing the talking or the dummy sitting in the lap. Maybe I could send a note and ask Spot, that Dalmation who writes a pretty decent blog. Just kidding folks. I've learned over the years that making jokes about pets is a very risky prospect. People and their pets is serious business and I mean serious, to the tune of billions spent each year. (I read that over 50 billion was spent in our country in 2011) I've had folks offer up prayer requests for their beloved animal, and I've also had them request prayer for someone who has just lost their pet. Serious. It reminds me of that time I cried when Old Yeller died. See, I can be sensitive too. What? It must be a slow news day? Thanks for noticing.

Every single day cannot be a winner. What do you expect? That you can find five green lime gummy snacks in one bag of Sponge Bob snacks every single time? I did do that one day and I thought it might be a sign. No. Not that kind of sign. A sign that maybe someone at the Sponge Bob gummy snack factory may be a lime lover like me and maybe they, being that sort of person, stuck in five extra on purpose. What's that you say? Probably random chance. Now who's trying to pour cold water on a good, wholesome thought? That pouring or throwing cold water has been around a very long time. It is actually recorded from a usage back in 200 BC, at which time the implication was involving heaping on of slander. Some think it may have been derived from the practice of throwing cold water on a loud bunch of cats or dogs to break them up. In more modern times it has to do with discouraging ideas or projects. Random chance. No thank you. I feel a lot better believing there is a lime loving schmuck out there somewhere doing their thing to bring a smile to a kindred brother or sister.What about the cherry lover who finds five limes in their package? I say, get used to it because I deal with it all the time. You think it might even be getting slower as we go? We will see my friend, we will see!

I love it when people look for hidden or deeper meanings when there are none. It is true that I like my coffee and I like lime flavored, almost anything, and cinnamon too. Nothing more than that. Back in 1980 I went to Denver for a conference. Having some time to kill I walked to a movie theater and saw the Peter Sellers film, Being There. I loved Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau. In the movie Being There he plays the role of a simple minded gardener who was raised in a rich man's home but never educated. Everything he knows was learned by watching television. When his benefactor died the gardener had to leave and fend for himself. All he could communicate was dialogue and phrases he had learned from TV. People heard what he said and thought it to be profound insight. Soon he is the toast of the town and sought out by world leaders desiring to hear some of his intellectual genius. I loved that movie. See what I mean? Now don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed great success at times because people gave me the benefit of the doubt and perhaps some of that was because they read something into what they thought I was, or what they thought I could do. In the end, I just want to give a shout out to that imaginary lime loving comrade of mine out there doing good. The world could use more folks like them. Tomorrow's episode will concentrate on coherency in communication. Now that would be a good one, don't you agree? Until then, may God bless each one. Amen.   ...More later.

No comments: