Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy 88th Birthday to the world's greatest mom!

If you arrived here today by accident, you have come to a place of thanksgiving and celebration. It is Thursday, May 3, 2012, and today I am thinking about and thanking God for the world's greatest mom, my mom, because it is on this day that she has achieved the age of 88 years. She has become a 1% person because that's how many of our folks living in the USA that are in her age category. That's pretty rare air you are breathing mom but we already knew that you were a one-of-a-kind precious jewel. I think of my mom alongside the unnamed heroes of faith found in Hebrews Chapter 11. What? You didn't know there were heroes of faith mentioned but not named? Go read it for yourself. She is in that category because of her influence and impact during her sojourn here. She has faced enough obstacles in her life to fill up books, but, she has maintained her faith and devotion to God. She, as a widow, did her best with us six children, and today, we are who we are because of all she did for us, and you can put a period after that! Thanks be to God for His blessing us with the mom we have, and thanks be to God for her long years of love, devotion, and service to others. I suppose we all are known for something. Rarely does anyone set out to be known for their perseverance through a life filled with trial and testing. My mom is known in that way. A month or so ago I visited on the telephone with a high school friend that I have not seen or heard from in some 45 years. His mom had prompted him to get in touch with me. My mom had prompted me to get in touch with him. When we talked he said how much he respected my mom because of how she has carried herself and remained faithful given the many hardships and heartaches she has faced. That was volunteered. Think about it. Having a reputation of faithfulness and perseverance that trickles down to folks far and wide is a testimony that can be used for the honor and glory of God. Because my mom will tell anyone at anytime that is the only way she has been able to make it. With God's help. Therefore, today, I rise up to express my love and appreciation for this remarkable woman who deserves any and all accolades. Happy birthday mom and may God continue to bless you and dad as you make your way forward. All our love, marilyn and al.

No comments: