Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spreading some Joy today!

Good Tuesday morning. It is April 13, 2010 and we all know how much we dread the 13th, right? Well, that would be Friday the 13th but this week Friday the 13th actually lands on Thursday because that is the 15th and it is tax day in the USA. Confused enough yet? My wife had an interesting comment when she signed our tax return, "I sure hope we don't allow this to happen again." She was referring to our sizable payment we owed this year but the we word actually meant the me word and the me word actually meant me! But I can't complain since I am responsible for that particular piece of business. Since this is such a downer for many as they deal with getting their stuff together for this annual taxing situation, I wanted to share with you something to change the subject, bring a fresh perspective, a big smile, and a warm feeling that can be described as joy, but in this case, it is better defined like this: Our bundle of MADELYN JOY!

These photos were taken on Resurrection Sunday when we were visiting in the home of our eldest son. I have told you before that we are a family wired and pre-programmed to love babies. My wife takes credit for taking the photos. Taking the photos is important and I will not deny that. However, and I wish to make this perfectly clear, the photo can never be any better than the subject being photographed. In these particular shots, while I would never want to be picky, I must point out the unseen prompter of these wonderful shots, that being, of course, yours truly who was in charge of holding our little bundle of Madelyn Joy and encouraging her to produce these poses. People can talk about this, that, or the other when it comes to handling babies but I feel compelled, in my desire for full disclosure, to take full responsibility and plead guilty for these beautiful images as portrayed in the photos. Yes, that is my hand, and yes, I was causing her to smile like that. I have found that confession is good for the soul and being up front about the facts helps to keep everything in its proper place.

My eldest son is now the Paw Paw and from my viewpoint, he sure acts somewhat silly in his role as grandfather to our little bundle of Madelyn Joy. It can be quite embarrassing but he is, after all, still a novice and I know he must grow and develop as he seeks to find his way to becoming sophisticated like his dad when it comes to dealing with grandchildren. When he talks about how great he is at handling our little bundle of Madelyn Joy, especially comparing himself to others, I can't help but remember that I actually changed his diapers, my wife would say very few, and I also changed his daughter's diapers, therefore, on skill and experience, and sheer numbers alone, I would have to be considered as the more qualified expert. But rather than point these things out, I just do my own thing in my own way. What happens when Great Poppy does his thing in his own way? You end up with these beautiful images that helps to share and spread our version of joy to all of you. Okay folks, while most of this has been written in jest, I must tell you that at the end of the day, it's mostly also all true. May God bless and may you get a smile on your face as you share in our bundle of Madelyn Joy! Amen. ......More later.

No comments: