Friday, April 23, 2010

Proverbs 18:22 "He who finds a wife finds a good thing And obtains favor from the LORD."

Hello Americans I bid you welcome on this Friday, April 23, 2010. This is a hugely special day in our family. Just so you know, hugely is a very appropriate word, look it up! Back in 1947 over in north east Louisiana, a bundle of joy was brought into the world by some dirt poor farmers who busied themselves each day trying to scratch out a living from their crops. Through a series of God ordained events that bundle of joy became my wife back in 1964. One of the things she has devoted her life to is in doing her best to fulfill that proverb and she has succeeded beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. She is a throw back woman to those days of yesteryear when ladies were trained to become good wives and great moms. She learned to squeeze out homemade biscuits before she was ten and she can still squeeze them off today and they are wonderful, and she can do it with her eyes closed. She grew up in a family where God became a major influence. She grabbed hold of this truth, and today as I pause to wish her a happy birthday, I am once again humbled by the second part of that proverb, to have the good wife I have clearly demonstrates God's favor on me, and I quickly add, undeserved as it is, but what a blessing!

We've been together for a long time. We will soon be able to catch a glimpse of that bridge called 50th not too far up ahead. I tell people how I took her as a child and finished raising her. Of course since I was only 18 and she was 17 she might well wonder who was raising who but we've had an amazing journey together, thus far, and while we've had plenty of hard knocks and heartaches, we've also enjoyed some really great blessings as a couple. She loves the Lord. She loves her family, our kids, grand kids, and great granddaughter, and she loves her brothers and sisters and their families, and my mom and dad and she loves our extended family, our Church family, her many friends, and finally, she actually loves me. I made myself last so that you would see how humble I am but I am so very thankful that she has been such a faithful and loving companion all of these years. We've got one of those growing older together stories and it keeps us laughing as we teeter totter our way through life. There are folks who tell me how lucky I am to have such a wonderful wife. Lucky? I don't think so. Here's the truth: I am Blessed by the Lord God of heaven! Happy Birthday Sweetheart, and always remember this truth: "Baby, you're still the greatest!" Amen. .......More later.

No comments: