Friday, July 24, 2009

The time has come!

That’s right. I have procrastinated down to the minute and must soon take action. I can no longer postpone the inevitable. The clock is ticking and I can hear the faint sounds of the theme music from the ‘Twilight Zone’ playing in the background, or is it the theme from ‘Jeopardy’, or maybe it’s ‘Sixty Minutes’, I actually think it’s the dum da dum dum - dummmm! from ‘Dragnet’. Whatever it is, it’s getting louder and louder. I hear them sharpening the sword of Damocles because SHE will be heading home soon! That would be correct, sir! My wife will soon return and I have a few items that do need to be attended to before she shows up. I tried out some excuses on my Wednesday evening Bible class but they pronounced them all lame before I could even finish describing them. I need to remember that every trip or journey begins with a first step. But that implies direction and at this time I’ve not determined the starting place yet. It is Friday and this is what is weighing on my mind on this July 24, 2009.

I do think a very plausible parenthesis could involve the fact that she left somewhat hurriedly; therefore, the home turf was not in that good of shape before I was left to my own machinations. I probably won’t use that one because she would then say why is it that she is responsible for how the place looked last Sunday when we both live there. That would lead to those dreaded comments about why I never seem to get around to helping with ____________ (fill in the blank(s). I believe I had better head that entire conversation off at the pass and adopt a completely different approach. One lady on Wednesday night said more or less that I should just get off my backside and get everything in shape. Tough talk, tough love, and tough times were not listed on Wednesday night’s program, therefore, I was somewhat surprised by the harshness implied in her recommended course of action.

This is really all in fun because I do intend to have it shaped up for her. And, it’s not really that bad. How could it be? It’s just been me for one week by myself. That reminds me. Note to self: Get a good night’s sleep tonight because you will be a very busy boy in the morning! Still joking, but only a little. I am looking forward to her return. She and her sister are having a great week together helping a small congregation improve their singing skills. They love spending time together since they have always been co-joined twins, born eighteen months apart. While I am not excited about her being gone, I am always happy that she has such a good time. I know what I can do. I will make a plan. It will have an objective, some goals, measurements, and projects with deadlines. I will make sure that it will include as an action point that first (one) small step for me, and one giant leap forward for husbands all over the world! Say a little prayer for me and don’t forget to show up at the local meeting place where God’s people gather on Lord’s Day Sunday. Lord willing, and if the feather duster and Pledge holds out, I will see you back here on Monday! May God bless. Amen. ….More later.

No comments: