Monday, March 23, 2009

You don't miss your water until you can't figure out where the well is.

Good Monday morning to one and all. It's March 23, 2009 and I am off to a running start. I will make today's food for thought a little lighter than usual because since arriving this morning I've got more problems to deal with than you can shake a stick at. That's another one of my grandfather's sayings but it does seem appropriate for the stuff I'm dealing with so early on a Monday morning! We had a terrific Saturday and Sunday. We had everyone in our home yesterday to celebrate our Kyleigh's recent 14th birthday. Everyone was there except our eldest granddaughter who had a scheduling conflict. Kyleigh had a cousin with her and we also had Byron our nephew who is staying with us while completing some of the work projects he has here in our area. This was the very first time since before Hurricane Ike that our entire crew has been able to meet in our home. Thank you Lord! I believe there were twenty gathered and it's hard to put into words how wonderful it was to hear our home filled calamitous laughing, running, and yes, some threats here and there to try and get the little ones calmed down. What a day! What a blessing! And, how thankful we are!

My wife pulled out all the stops and had enough food for a log rolling but still worried that everyone didn't get enough. Some times we meet and we end up eating leftovers for a week. Yesterday we hardly had to wash up any dishes because they were all licked clean. Not quite but it was obvious everyone was more than ready for MiMi's home cooked meal. She was up late Saturday evening working on it and up bright and early Sunday putting the finishing touches on it. Therefore, when I see her exhausted image of being very tired but very happy it makes me know that she has pulled off exactly what she wanted to see done. Everyone filled to capacity. Everyone in good spirits. And, everyone enjoying one another again for the first time. There's plenty in this old world to keep us down and out. In fact, as soon as I finish this note I need to get out and see if I can figure out why we have no water here this morning at the company. There will soon be thirty five guys showing up and we will need water. But, given the great time God allowed us to have with our family, it just helps put what truly matters back on the front burner. I could go on and on but you would have had to been there, or better yet, you would have to be parents and grandparents to appreciate and savor this wonderful family get together. I'm the only one here and sending me out to check on the water situation is like sending a two year old to rewire a nuclear power plant BUT who knows, I might just stumble onto something and get it all going again! Stranger things have happened. Have a great day and a great week. May God bless until next time....Amen. .....More later.

No comments: