Thursday, March 12, 2009

This is the day God has given to us, let's be glad in it!


I know many will be grumbling in my neck of the woods due to the cooler weather, but not me! (Just so you know, it’s 48 degrees this morning and hardly worth mentioning.) But, since I love the cooler air, for me on this Thursday, March 12, 2009, I’m doing my best rendition of “Yippee Ki Yay” which is what the TV cowboy wranglers used to sing out to the cattle they were driving. I don’t know if this will be the last little cool off we have for this edition of spring but I am going to enjoy it as much as I can. We typically always have one just before Resurrection Sunday but this year it falls on April 12 and that may be a tad late for a cool snap. The setting each year of that celebration Sunday is based on being able to tag the exact date our Savior came forth from the grave to the Jewish calendar for Passover and it has to do with the moon phases and the equinox and all of that is confusing to me. However, I am enjoying this brief cool down and change from the already oppressive humidity. If you are cold natured then feel free to bundle up while those like me sit out on the porch, sip a cup of smoking hot coffee, and take in a breath of cool, fresh air.

We are also supposed to have rain for the next several days. Rainy and cool, what a great combination! It reminds me of when I was a kid and we could sleep with the window raised in our room. The rain falling, the crisp cool air, and all wrapped up in a bunch of homemade quilts, on a feather mattress, with feather pillows, surely this is the kind of bedding we will have in heaven! These cool rainy days are often called: Good sleeping weather. We do need the rain and I pray that we get enough to make a dent in the major drought our state has been suffering this year. Again, we are all different and I know there are some who dread the cold and rain. This type of weather impacts them in a negative manner and they would rather have it hot and clear. That’s okay because God has arranged it so that we all eventually get the kind of day that suits us. Now if you find yourself not being satisfied regardless of the conditions that surround you, cool, hot, rainy, cloudy or clear, then perhaps you need to get a reset of your understanding of what it means to be blessed by God. Now that I think about it, I was hoping for it to be a little cooler than it actually is. Man, why can’t it be just like I want it to be? See what I mean? It can happen in a heartbeat, therefore, remember what the Bible says, “In all things give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus.” Amen. (see 1st Thessalonians 5:18) …..More later.

No comments: