Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No one told me I would need a scraper!

They said it would only be in the upper thirties for this Tuesday morning, December 30, 2008. If that was an accurate prediction, then why did I have a fairly thick sheet of ice on my windshield that took several minutes to clear with the defroster running wide open? I'll do my best not to get all riled up over the weather forecasters because it can be a sore subject with me. But that's a story that will work almost any day, especially around these parts. Good morning and greetings from the land of icy windshields where the grumbling comes pretty easy but in the end thankfulness and praise to God wins the day. Life is a messy business and don't let anyone tell you something different. It requires strength that to be perfectly honest I don't have. Sure, I know many unbelievers that face much adversity and trouble and they do it with a commendable resolve and grit. However, I would not want to deal with the vicissitudes that accompany each and every day without the living presence of the living Lord of the universe who dwells in me! Good, bad, or indifferent, He is always there and always ready to help in our time of need. And, we are in need, every single day!

The Christmas season is pretty much fading but there are a few die hards that still have their beautiful lights shining for all to see. One of the things that catches my attention in the morning is the condition of all those blow up objects after they have been shut down. You will have to admit they look pretty pathetic laying there in little wads with no air to keep them inflated. There's a house that has many of these mounted on their roof and they sure look beautiful all blown up and illuminated but when they are deflated they look kind of sad. It reminds me of the trip we made out to Vegas for our youngest son's wedding. We arrived mid day and the way the taxi carried us to our hotel gave us an up close and personal view of the streets in broad daylight. They were like Bourbon Street the morning after. At night Vegas is stunning but it's quite a different view in the bright sun light. That's the way it is when we chase after the brightly lighted world that Satan would have us to believe is what life is all about. However, the light of truth reveals to us how empty, fleeting, and ultimately ruinous this pursuit is.

The Bible says: 1 John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin." Been there and done that would be my answer to those on that treadmill looking for love in all the wrong places. Without the light He gives to point the way for me, I would be stumbling in the darkness while thinking it was just what I needed. I do pray that we all will see the difference, even on a morning when I was not supposed to have to wait for my windshield to clear. Talk about losing time! Talk about those weather people! Oh yeah, that's right, I said I wasn't going to let that bother me, bother me, bother me. And, after all, I can do all things including dealing with an icy windshield to start my day, with the strength that comes to me through the power of my Savior. A good thought for a day, like most days, where we all will face many challenges. May God bless and keep you and yours. Amen. Until next time, I remain, your bogged down blogger! ....More later.

No comments: