Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I don't know but I do know Who does!

Greetings and salutations on this frosty Wednesday, October 29, 2008. There are days when you are tired after all the activities are finished. There are days when you are worn out and you feel like there was little accomplished. There are also days whenever you think perhaps you did yourself in by being sidetracked or in spending time on things that were of little or no consequence. But, there are also days whenever you are really zonked but you feel good about it, it's a 'good tired', and that's the kind of days we all like to invest our time in. That's how it went for me yesterday. I did get some things accomplished at work and finished off the day with a great time of teaching and fellowship at our inner city ministry Bible club for children. My brother-in-law preacher who is here to help with our damaged house tagged along and he got a big kick out of seeing these boys and girls ministered to and taught the truth. I always have a greater sense of having accomplished something whenever I get to personally witness to some of the kids. I had a group of six boys last night and did my best to help them with their questions and in their desire to know God and His salvation through His Son.

Yeah, you are still tired but it's the kind where you feel like you have been a part of God working and perhaps He has used that opportunity to change a young life for time and eternity. But that was yesterday. Today is the only one I can do anything about at least at this time, therefore, I need to embrace it, get on with it, and use it as a resource entrusted to me by the God who saved me and made me His own. I have been thinking quite a lot about retirement lately. Not retirement to go lay in a hammock but retirement from the regular routine job to focus on other pursuits that God may have for me. Unfortunately, with all the turmoil in the financial world, it's next to impossible to get in touch with a real person to discuss the details involving the process that needs to be followed in order to make such a change. One day I did get hold of a young fellow who is part of a financial services company that handles retirement for the big company I used to work for. He wanted to make sure that I was reassured about my retirement income because the folks who were managing all of that were very conservative and I should know that it was in good hands. I'm talking to a dude who might be 30 years old and he's telling me that all the billions of retirement investments are hunky dory. I think I felt better about it before he went on and on about me not having anything to worry about.

There are three different entities involved in this process and all of them have different protocols and procedures. I've not been able to take the time to nail down the exact details from each one thus far. However, I have been able to do the only thing that makes sense to me concerning the deciding of what I should do. I can pray about it and ask God to help me to come to a decision that would be the one He would want me to make. I don't want to figure it out for myself because I know my own track record and He always knows best, period, end of story. Even the process of dealing with the pros and cons can tilt me in one way or the other. Many say hold off as long as you can or at least until the economy recovers. Others say get started as soon as you can because it may not be there in the future. I do believe He has a plan and purpose for my life, even the remaining days I have left. Some time ago I wrote out my prayer in detail regarding this matter. Every few days I pull those sheets out and read them and pray them back to God. As things develop and they are developing each day, I know that He will use His own chosen means to provide me with the direction I seek. I trust Him to do this because He has promised to provide for His very own. You can help by joining me in this endeavor. You will not be wasting time when you pray because God has designed our lives around His sovereign working which includes the prayers we and others pray. Powerful stuff for a Wednesday and I commend you to the One who is in control. Amen. Have a really great day and I'll try to have something for you in the morning, (Lord willing.) .....More later.

No comments: