Friday, September 19, 2008

A bad week but we will take those overnight lows in the fifties!

Greetings to my blog readers on this beautiful day, Friday, the 19th of September 2008. When all else fails we can always talk about the weather. I’m not referring to Hurricane Ike because that weather event more or less continues to speak for itself. However, coming out of that storm with no electrical power and facing the potential for a return to sweltering temperatures and high humidity, we have, instead, enjoyed some of the most beautiful weather we’ve known in a very long time. My belief is these lower temps have helped ease some of the pain of so many to the extent that we’ve had much fewer issues than could have been experienced. This, however, can change as the relief efforts continue to lag behind demand and the weather may get hot again soon.

It’s one thing to be disgruntled and short tempered when things are not working well but when you add extreme heat to the mix, I think we all know the potential is there for an explosive situation. Where did the cooler weather come from? It originated in Canada according to the local weather people and they tell us it’s very unusual for a front this strong to make it into the area this early into September. Me, I’ll just have to give God the credit for it and thank Him because I know He is ultimately in control. Some might argue this type of thinking will lead one to becoming fatalistic but in my way of seeing it, by believing the truth we become faith-alistic, which is not a real word, but a pretty good one in terms of making my point.

I could throw out some mind boggling numbers in terms of those who continue to await the restoration of electrical power, some still without water service, and even a number of communities with no sanitary facilities. Okay, go ahead and brand me with some of those names like doomsayer or Bible thumper, but seeing those folks lined up for miles to get gasoline, water, and food, immediately made me think of how it will be in the end times as revealed in God’s word. Scary. Scary. Scary, but I’ve seen it up close and personal; therefore, the reality of it all is quite sobering. On the other hand, my wife had to sit in line the other day for gas and she had a charged up DVD player watching a movie and spent her time also talking to our seventeen year old granddaughter who was with her while she was waiting. How do I know this? When I finally got through to them on the cell phone my granddaughter told me that it was very hard to hear the phone with the windows down, the movie playing, and the both of them laughing and talking. I won’t even try to figure that one out but it just goes to show you, that where there is a way, someone will find it. Americans always find a way! Have a great Saturday and Sunday and we will see what a brand new week brings as we do our best to honor God with the life He has given to us. Amen. ….More later.

No comments: