Friday, June 6, 2008

Photo Friday!

You can breathe a sigh of relief, we made it to Friday. We live in a visual age and I think it to be wonderful. Digital photography has given us all the ability to capture images and share them immediately. That includes scanning in old photographs, documents, and things like newspapers. Yesterday, while eating my lunch I was able to flip through a number of London newspapers that had been scanned in. The featured papers reflected critical days during WWII. I just have to tell you I love stuff like that. I greatly enjoy allowing my eyes to feast upon and my brain to process thoughts and ideas as I sense what a particular image is all about.

There are images that really need little explanation. They tell a story or introduce the potential for a story with the viewer to fill in the details. I was looking through one of the photo archives on the Houston Chronicle website and found some images I thought were interesting. I do hope you will enjoy them as well.



Enjoy your Saturday and the new start of a new beginning of a brand new week on Sunday. I'll try to be back with something next Monday and until then, remember these lyrics as sung by one of my all time favorites, the late Eddy Arnold: "May the good Lord bless and keep you til we meet again." Amen. .....More later.

No comments: