Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Discombobulated Radomness!

Wednesday, Wednesday. Don't know about your week but I've been very busy on many different things thus far and it's only the fourth day! Remember, the week begins on Sunday, not Monday, and it ends on Saturday. I'm continuing a series tonight in our Bible study on the sovereignty of God. Next time I'll try to choose a subject that I have a better grasp on. But not having a grasp on it is the only way to really enjoy the greatness of our Sovereign God. He is God! And, He is who He has revealed Himself to be. You and I can become His very own through the means He has chosen and then provided to us, that being the giving of His One and Only Son who died in our place. Yeah, I know there's many folks who have many other ways they think will in the end get them into their idea of heaven but we do not have anything but God's truth to go by, therefore, we must stay with what He has said and the words of our Savior, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father unless they come through me." (John 14)

But I will muddle through on this subject that is certainly bigger than any one's capacity. I'm also working on a lesson for tomorrow evening over at the African American mission for their mid week service. I'll also be with them on Sunday morning to teach their adult Sunday School and fill the pulpit for their pastor who is out of town. Now this is the kind of busy I can get into! But, I also have my duties here at the company and we are in a melt down mode with all the work we are booking right now. Let me quickly say that I am not complaining because I do read and see areas of our country where this 'too much' work is not only not a problem, but it is so far in the other direction people are desperate. In our situation much of the products we are building are driven by the oil and gas boom and that's pretty easy to understand because all of us typically are filling up each week.

Busy but blessed. I've lost a step or two here and there. But in many ways I can say I'm not what I once was, thank God. I'm also not what I should be and what I could be, therefore, as the Apostle Paul put it, "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Jesus Christ." (Philippians 3:14) This means I haven't arrived but with God's help I'm still growing, straining, and doing what I can to become all that He would have me to be. That's not just in the area of what goes on when I am teaching a lesson or attending a Church service. No, perhaps even more telling is how I live out my growing from the inside out. That's where the rubber meets the road and I'll just have to tell you I've got a ways to go. That old man nature is still there and he is still actively seeking to cooperate with the world and all it throws at me in order for me to stumble and even fall. However, as the old preachers used to say, "I've read the back of the book and we win!" But, God is also there and His Spirit is with us to help us win even the smallest of battles for His honor and glory. If you are busy about building a life that counts for time and eternity, then be thankful for being busy! Otherwise, get up and get going because time is slipping away. Some discombobulated randomness for your Wednesday meditation! Amen. .....More later.

No comments: