Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Trails to You!

Okay, here we go again! The cardiologist said he couldn’t really see anything wrong BUT since I am a diabetic he wants me to undergo a chemical induced nuclear stress test, (can’t do the treadmill because of the knee), before he signs off on my surgery clearance. He said diabetics don’t always show symptoms like other people, especially in the area of blood flow, therefore, he thinks it a practical step. Practical, smactical! This means today I go to see my primary care, then rush to get the retakes of my school pictures, no I mean the x-rays they messed up, then from there I dash to the lab for the up to 3 hour stress test to see if I can be cleared for knee surgery. After the hectic weekend I had, and holding my little grandsons, (which I will never complain about), but my knee is being very noisy so I guess I need to get all this done to see if I can somehow qualify myself for this needed procedure.

If nothing else it gives me something to talk about each day. It would be a wonderful time to comment on this most beautiful day with a most refreshing rush of cool air. Thank You Lord for the unexpected adjustment to the thermostat! It's 46 degrees here at our workplace out in the country right at 5 a.m. This alone would ordinarily be enough to put a little spring into my step but to tell the truth it doesn’t really do much for the knee. I believe the doctor did say earlier something about how the knee would begin to declare its own priority the longer I wait. They do have a way with words, don’t they? Of course I made the comment to the cardiologist and his assistant that I wasn’t really that concerned about trying to keep my surgeon’s slot for Thursday. They didn’t see any humor in my assessment so I reckon they all conspire together to make these schedules work. Meanwhile, I can always hurry up to wait.

My mom’s birthday is coming up this weekend and she and dad are planning to go on a trip! Just week before last she was in the hospital. Now they are going on a mini-vacation! Do we serve a great God or what? I know by her own testimony that she always gives God the thanks, the honor, and the praise, for everyday He provides to her. I told her I had planned on driving over to see her on Saturday and she said "NOT AFTER HAVING SURGERY!" Hey, she doesn’t know how much I’m counting on that 80% category where folks jump up from the operating table and head to the jogging track. But I am so thankful she’s up and going and able to plan this time of relaxation and travel.

I always heard growing up that an idle mind or maybe idle hands was the devil’s workshop. Just so you know, there’s not too much idleness happening on my agenda at the present time. Now as to the mind part, well, that’s a different story, because I’m not sure how well the one I have works anymore. I’ve heard about how the mind is often talked about in terms of tracks, one track, off track, but in my case I often wonder if there was a derailment that I failed to notice. Joking, I think, but that would bring me right back to the mind thing. At any rate, all and all, I have so very little to complain about, just fun stuff that I see as I make my way through the life God has given to me, and things like this noisy knee that we are trying to do something about as soon as we can. Remember the key to having JOY in your life. Jesus first. Others second. And, Yourself last! Have a blessed day and we will see what happens next! ….More later.

No comments: